View Single Post
Old 25-11-2015

Morning Scott

Front diff only on really low grip or in some cases on really high traction. On low traction spool will make your car turn less. Sometimes on high traction on really high speed direction changes you can roll the car and in that moment you need a front diff with a really hard silicon, at least 1 million. The worst thing of a front diff is weight, so in stock classes is a massive difference, that is why they are really not common.

Graphite arms, you feel the car more, but in the winter they are more brittle. In my case during 2 years using them no breaks. The first day I used them I noticed that the car was easier to drive on a long parabolic full throttle and was more reactive in a technical in field.

Double joints, always in the front. When using a spool in the front if you use a lot of steering and you use throttle with the wheels on the air you will see a vibration on the external wheel. This vibration will be reduced a lot if you use dcj in the front.

Alloy parts tend to bend in a crash, plastic ones tend to break. If you bend a part and it is only a bit you will not see it but you might feel your car does not work properly, it is tweaked and the reason is the aluminium part is bent. Yes you can finish the run but your car will never the same. Beside that they weight more and are more expensive…. So I do not see any pro and a lot of cons.

Cheers
Javier