View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012
Mad Member

Intend to be there as with all rounds, barring any crisis etc,

but not interested in paying up front, have discussed this with Chris so he can pencil me in...

have other series/meetings i'm more committed to and race to a very tight budget as is.

didn't have to pay upfront last year and don't for other series i'm doing?

Would happily pay a few days in advance when it would be clearer that i'm definitely attending but don't want the hassle of tieing budget up weeks before a meeting...

know its only £8 per round but its also a lot more in fuel getting to the rounds, staying fed and watered and having to purchase tyres for unknown venues when the whole SCT tyre debate is yet to start for outdoor tyres... there are a lot of new more competition based tyres available now that were not last year (R.I.P Koarse Kings unfortunately!) and its going to be important to choose the right patterns/compounds... especially when they cost twice a pair on rims to buggy tyres for spikes, three times as much a pair for dirt tyres on rims and possibly will have same wear rates as buggy tyres?! going to be expensive year for SCT's and could damage the class as its not cheap racing if tyres are too consumable at those prices

A lot of other SCT racers i know feel the same.

understand the numbers needed for trophy ordering purposes and booking in details.... but these can be given up front and trophies if manufactured sensibly can be carried over throughout the series if ordered in bulk as the season starts.

Anyways, is there company sponsorship this year?

are there prizes or raffles?

entry costs have crept up a fair percentage too so what are we getting to justify this compared to last year especially when a charity is no longer involved? more heats? longer races?

Especially when i've heard that the host clubs have to run the events this year rather than series organisers?