Thread: Esc turbo
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2015
Kev Lee oOple Advertiser

Boost Timing and Turbo Timing both add timing advance, they just apply it in a different way.

The way I adjust it is if I want more revs (speed) everywhere, I increase the boost timing. So, first of all I set this and get it right for the infield, as that's where I want the throttle to feel nice and controllable.

Then, if I want more speed on the straight(s) I add turbo timing. On my esc (Absima CTS10) it only gets introduced after a set amount of time holding full throttle . The great thing with this is that it adds revs where you want the speed, but doesn't make the car way to aggressive on the more intricate parts of the track.

On slippy tracks its best to run little or no boost and then add turbo with a long delay if you need more speed on the straight.

On high grip I normally run both turbo and boost and have turbo kick in after a very short amount of time on full throttle.

Warning - don't turn up both to full as you are likely to damage your motor and/or esc. Do things gradually and keep an eye on temperature.

Hope this helps.

Kev