View Single Post
Old 26-02-2016
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Car was initially built as kit re washers on all links.

What i've done to reduce the negative bump steer - is remove the 2mm washers on the steering hubs. This helped - but still not ideal.

I showed the car to a couple of very experienced F1 drivers that I trust and know that they know their stuff re setup and they were amazed at the amount of negative bump steer the car has if set as per kit - it's a lot. They showed me how the car will effectively turn the wrong was as it leans into a corner and we compared the Losi with their Team C cars and friends YZ2's.

The difference in how the front geometry moves throughout the suspension travel was significant. Ideally i'd like to raise the steering link on the steering rack - but cannot do that - all i could do was lower the spindle end.

I'm no set-up expert - but i'm pretty convinced the front end geometry of the car isn't ideal - all the angles are all over the place when it's on the bench! The steering links are at an odd angle when viewed from above and they sit with the outer end higher than the inner by default when running the car at around 19mm ride height.

It all just seems a bit off to me.

Custom Painted Bodyshells by me ! www.shillyshells.co.uk

http://www.shillyshells.co.uk