View Single Post
Old 05-08-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by millzy View Post
Hi Dan/ Si,

Can you upload a photo of the rear shock tower pick ups?

I'm currently running my KF2 SE in mid conversion , this is different to your layout I know; however, I also have two extra inner holes on my rear tower. I find this works very well on low grip or blow out grass with 30-40g under a shorty or 80g under a LG lipo . Would be nice to get a comparison

Sorry mate don't have a pic but the holes are in line with the existing ones, about 6mm in, and 69mm between centres, Works a treat ...

Ran mine for the first time properly on Sunday at the South West regional at Tiverton, sandy astro with bumpy and cut up grass sections.

I haven't gone well there for a few years now, never have enough steering or traction with the KF2 before ..

Wasn't a problem this time, had kit setup, apart from 1.7 x 3 rear pistons on 400 cst oil. All kit geometry, and diff.

Ran the car with the new forward weight, and stripped down slipper, 50gms under the lipo, staggers up front and yellow mini spike out back.

The car drove a dream !!!! tonnes of steering and enough traction .. even on the sandy bits !! Only change I made all day was to widen the rear track 3mm overall to gain a little turn in off power, and a little more on power traction ..

Gave me my best result for ages ... 2nd in the B final and hunting down 1st place .. just needed one more lap lol ...