Thread: Lazer zxr
View Single Post
Old 22-12-2014
Spends too long on oOple ...

Ive already tested this design and used the zxs proto castor blocks (the exact same as the zx5) and ot16 with washers underneath and above and found the hub wasnt in the right position for my style of driving but did suit others, i found it felt a bit off plus if the knuckle was too high / low it also caused me steering issues on high grip surfaces. I like more steering than most and to some is twitch city, I like the back end loose (with grip) and almost all the grip on the front end so due to this need zero bump steer (this makes the car more neutral on high speed cornering) and a 7.5 degree hub which only teamline made. The bearings also made a big difference with the steering.

I'd like to cut away the inerds top and bottom of the threaded sections on the knuckle and do a hex section instead of a circular design and hope a hex nut (a slim one with threadlock) will fit in without the uj joint hitting it. Ive seen this idea used somewhere before but cant quite work out where, maybe tamiya. How slim can i make the plastic before it cant hold the stress?

Of course if it can be done via 3d printing then great and thats another item that will resolve the king pins coming out permanently. One day i will get around to building that diff.
Answer UK team driver
Designer of the Lazer ZX/ZXR carbon fibre tub chassis
Designer of the Lazer ZXRS

Last edited by Welshy40; 22-12-2014 at 08:34 AM.