Thread: Lazer zxr
View Single Post
Old 28-07-2018
Spends too long on oOple ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRob View Post
Hi,
I'm hoping some of you experienced guys can give me a hand with a few Lazer questions please seeing as I've just got hold of one. It's what is at least predominantly a ZX-R but not convinced it is totally ZX-R.
1. Bit confused on the layshaft as it has the little one-way unit on the opposite side to the spur and have read about this being replaced to get permanent 4wd but can't find a reference to how that's done.
2. Rear UJ's are worn out (fronts are okay). It looks like the Optima re-re might fit and then it can take the screwed on hex - or is there better option?
3. What exactly is the advantage of the blue Pureten steering? It looks more solid, but is that it? Looks like they're hard to find too...
4. Might fit the ZX-S shell as I prefer the look of it, but can anyone confirm if on the Kamtec version the undertray kicks up at the edges? i.e. the bodyshell side pods don't sit as low as the chassis (like the Optima Mid shells)
Thanks for any help.
Ive sent a pm and seeing pis i can help more but here are some answers to help you out.

Kamtec did the shell for me and is a replica of an original zxs shall and as in this thread you can see it just fits. The shells thicker than normal plus not line markings so patience is required and common sense to cut it out perfectly. Its basically a mid shell updated as the team hated the zx shell so opted for the mid which progressed into a zxs shell.

Blue steering raises the alloy plate thus stops bump steer, it makes the car more user friendly and changes the cars attitude in and out of corners. You can now buy black ones and believe the part numbers in the last ten pages somewhere, its used on one of the mid motored 2wd cars.

Ujs, LA245 id buy two sets, one a perfect fit for the rear but you need to take the axles from the other set for the front and by the longer front bone, i forget the part number but will edit this later with the correct part number. Youll need pin hexes to use the mip type ujs.

You can just tighten up the oneway to lock it to prrmanent 4wd, but would suggest trying it first with the oneway to get an idea on whats preferred as im quicker with the oneway working.
Answer UK team driver
Designer of the Lazer ZX/ZXR carbon fibre tub chassis
Designer of the Lazer ZXRS