Thread: Lazer zxr
View Single Post
Old 18-08-2018
Spends too long on oOple ...

Ok done some testing on carpet using my shorty design holder. In the far back placement car wasnt sure of itself and couldnt react great in and out of corners so moved forwards by one hole and it improved, still was unsure. A friend of mine Glyn Jessop said something that I stupidly didnt take into account and that was did you account for the weight difference from saddles to the shorty and I didnt DOH!!!

Well i added two 15g weights on the front chassis holes designed for the nicad cells, one on either side plus raised the rear end spring by 4mm.

Car was much better, two laps improvement, rears spot on and feels dialed, however still got issues with the front, it still feels nervous and unsure how to go into the corner so think the issues weight on the front so added 40g in between the servo and esc in the middle of the chassis. If that doesnt work then will play with the shocks.

I know how well this car went with nicads and nimh and was stupidly quick on the infield so still some work required to get it to how it was.
Answer UK team driver
Designer of the Lazer ZX/ZXR carbon fibre tub chassis
Designer of the Lazer ZXRS