View Single Post
Old 01-02-2014

Hi Chris,

First off, your motor question because it is the easiest to answer. Yes, you can do whatever you like to the motor timing endbell. For GT12 racing, the majority of drivers I have spoken to do add some advance, the exact amount depends heavily on the exact motor, track size/layout and gearing. The best way to hit the sweet spot is to ask drivers at your local clubs and follow their advice.

Next, your speedo question. I strongly recommend picking a speedo that is 1s compatible, simply because adding either a voltage booster or receiver pack is not always as straightforward as it could be. Popular 1s speedos are the Hobbywings (new or old versions), Nosram Pearls, Viper VTX1, LRP XXS (Stock Spec version) and the new G-Force from Mardave. Prices start at around £105 for the GForce and up to about £160 for the new HobbyWing if you buy from the Uk. There may be others, but these are the only ones I have had first hand experience of... The advantage of all of these is that they put out around 6v to your servo and receiver, even with just 3.7v from the battery. This means that your servo and receiver work at their best.

Hope this helps,

James