View Single Post
Old 27-09-2009

I softened the oil up and put in the tamiya Yellow soft oil, i think thats around 40w. I have blue springs and sway bar on the front and red on the rear. I put the dampers and tie rods, droop screws all back to default and the car handles about the same :-(. So over the 4 quali runs of the night i slowly made alterations to get more rear grip and its set up pretty much the same as before.

My tyers are a little coned which probably doesn't help and it does feel a bit better. It breaks away if i start to pick up the throttle on the long sweeping corners but i think thats down to the coning. in the tighter slower turns it flicks round well but still keeps its grip, unless i power on too early but i gets thats inevitable.

Its better on breaking stability and turn in. I loosened the rear diff but i didn't like the way the front pulled it out of corners on heavy throttle, it seamed to drag the rear straight but with a wobble and was hard to get stable before needing to brake for the next corner so i tightened it back up the 1/4 turn i loosened it.

I think a new set of tyers and a reset on the camber will bring the balance back.