View Single Post
Old 11-06-2011

2000kv should be plenty. with 4s many of us run 1700-1900kv motors. 2200 is just overkill and gobbles up the Mah making your run times shorter and necessitating bigger packs.

I use a longer wider losi tray so I have alot of flexibililty on packs. I don't have a problem with saddle packs like on that model and it is good for keeping the weight and center of gravity down. Your current HUGE pack works ok I'm sure but its very high center of gravity wise and looks less that "snug" sitting there. You might want to try picking up 2-3 of these 3000mah 4s (click text) packs. and setting them up in parallel to give you 6000 total mah for longer mains or you can use just one for 5min qualifiers. with both of them sitting in the saddle pack positions the CG is about 20mm lower then your current pack and you will feel a difference. Plus being your using 2 if one ever did puff in the future you toss that one and your not out a larger expensive pack. They also have 2500 and 2650 4s packs if you want to trim the weight.

I race with 4000mah to make 10-15min Ebuggy mains. Most RC pro and ROAR races here in the states are getting standardized at 10min for Ebuggy. If I had that car i'd do these packs at 1800mah Each with 35-70C rating x 2 via parallel would give me 3600mah (perfect for 10min main with 1-2 hot laps), be Super light at 400g and short enough that I can move the packs up or down the tray to tune weight balance for traction or jumping effects. Thats just me, your cool either way man. Glad you like your ride!