Thread: XB4 breakages
View Single Post
Old 26-02-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by discothesnake View Post
I have the upgrade kit fitted after breaking my original front bulkhead. No other breakages yet. Still on my first set of gears too. Starting to really like the car but i still have concerns once we go outdoors with gears etc.

Looking forward to trying it tho.
What concerns? high traction stressing the gears?
I'm still on the kit gears, had no issues at all running carpet and slippy gym floors with minipins. I've just built up a new diff for easy swapping and testing of oils. built this with he new upgraded gear. not noticed any difference in them, but the kit ones have seemed fine to me.
I have recently loosened my slipper. It was set at 6mm when i built the kit, but i just loosened it one full turn. I've not noticed any difference in the slip, which makes me think i'll try it another full turn next time out.

One of my racing buddies keeps popping rear diff outdrives, even with upstop limiters added. I've not had a problem though.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------