View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance View Post
... this "language" was not restricted to the rostrum but also the pit area as well. For parents who bring their younger children to race, support the club and are our hobbies future this is not acceptable.
Absolutely right Lance. I am not above swearing myself, but there is a time and a place. As a parent I feel the club needs to decide if it wants to encourage younger drivers or not. I understand that inexperienced drivers aren't always the easiest to pass when lapping (regardless of age), but there really is no excuse for swearing at an eight year old just because you haven't been able to find a way past them cleanly.

Even as an adult I was offended at the constant use of the F-word throughout my final. Plus as Lance has mentioned, bad language was also a constant theme in the pits throughout the night. I get that people want to relax and enjoy themselves on a Friday night after a long week at work, but if they could do that without the constant need to swear it would make life a lot more pleasant for others.