View Single Post
Old 27-01-2016

I've owned a B44.2, and currently own a BMAX4iii.

I struggled to get the B44.2 set up for carpet, but to be fair I'd only just returned to the sport about 2 and a half years ago...which is probably why I also broke a ton of wishbones! RPM have now at least sorted this, and I think the geared diffs would make changing the balance of the car easier.

I recently bought a second hand BMAX4iii, was lucky and got a good one with everything on it, yz2 rear end/shocks, lightweight chassis, carbon bits etc, and I'm really impressed with it. Rebuilt both 4WD cars completely and the quality of yokomo is for me higher than the B44.2, and it's metric. Have a mega setup from an EOS set up sheet that works a treat.

I mostly run 2WD with a B5m, and the car is great, bullet proof, way less slop than my b44 developed in no time. If Team Associated did with the b44 what they did with the b4 to create the B5, and made a metric B55 with chunkier parts with less slop, it'd be close, but for me currently, assuming you're talking the lightweight bmax4, the Yokomo edges it.

PS if you go for the B44 core rc do a multi tool with all the drivers in it for about £12 I think.