Thread: SCT Future
View Single Post
Old 17-09-2015

Starting racing the sc nationals last year and only this year being my 4th year of racing I can understand your points Paul. Qualifying from the 'lower' heats can be hard work as the void of experience/ability/ etiquette compared to those in the higher seeded heats is massive BUT the series is promoted for all abilities so that's to be expected.
The same goes for the guys at the front of the A finals to those at the back, although generally cleaner the ability gap is quite large.
Personally I don't think the std of driving is any worse or better than any other class I race from 1/8 to micro, club or regional/national level. There's always going to be clean and dirty drivers it's just one of those things you just have to find out who they are

I don't think the sc nationals do particularly bad for numbers averaging between 40-60 trucks per meeting considering the travelling involved (im up to around 1400 miles so far this season!), it's an expensive hobby as a basher to start with then factor racing gear,travelling costs,spares,tyres etc etc and it puts it out of reach for some or the interest of others.

You'll never make sc as popular as buggies over here, for starters 1:1 sc is an American thing to start with, no manufacturers are sending their big name star drivers to race the nationals (thank God cause I'd never see another A final ! Lol) and promote the class so there's no glamour...........Enjoy it for what it is, a niche class and hope your local club keeps supporting it because if those clubs drop the class we're dead in the water with only the nats for a chance to race the trucks.

Steve