Thread: SCT Future
View Single Post
Old 21-09-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justingt5 View Post
This is why I put it out there, as I said im sure its full of holes, the fact is we spend too much time doing Time Attack and not a lot of racing, and thats the bit I wanted to change, with the format I suggested you still get 4rds of qualifying with 50% counting and it would be the same for all, but in that you get 2 more proper races as such?

To get 114pts you would need to go from the 10th to first in the A final, and when has that ever happened in the history of the UK SC nats LOL but I do get your point. You could always bump up and relegate the top and bottom 2 drivers from each final for the last final, that should ward off the sand baggers.

The fastest lap pts would be so that it would make the championship much tighter at the top as it would allow more chances for others to catch them up, no one likes a domination, its an incentive, but to that end, if you already have MAX points then 2 more will just make that person pretty well untouchable in the standings.

There will always be times when it doesnt go our way (look at A1) but thats racing. Proper prep and all that, no format can allow for this unless you do 7 rounds of Time Attached with only your BEST 1 to count?
We actually do 5 or 6 mins or 1 rd more qualifying than finals not exactly a lot is it? and it's done more in favour
of the inconsistent or unlucky with only 2 rds counting.

I think you misunderstood my point,generally, no,the guy in 10th isn't going to come through to take the win BECAUSE at the moment the emphasis is on doing well in both qually and finals, chuck in a possible 9 point bonus and see if the system gets abused............ Of course it will

We used to have one guy when we raced nitro that used to sand bag blatantly, every meeting he'd bump up 2 or 3 finals (finals at 20 mins) why track time we'd be standing around for 1-2hrs as the finals progressed by the time we came to race he has a better knowledge of track conditions and can make adjustments between finals to suit, I think something similar would happen if you introduced bonus points per position gained.

Let's face it, at the uksn we get the day previous to practice something you rarely get at higher level buggy events, if we can't get our s&@t together with a days practice and get on the pace of the few regular top guys thats our problem not the systems. They turn up on the day do a few tweeks and are instantly topping the time sheets.........get used to it,it's like that in most forms of rc and motorsport. That's years of experience for you