Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > KYOSHO

Old 06-04-2008

Default 1 st night with zx-5 Sp

Well I built my Zx-5 friday night and took to the races on saturday.Setup was stock. With Novak 6.5 and orion lipo. Car was pretty good a little loose in the back. but I have to so far it is a great car. I went 1 and 2. and mains got rained out. So now I will stasrt making changes to the setup so we dont have ony more of those 2 cant have have that. But iI have to say the car was strong all night long. cant wait for next weakened.
Old 06-04-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Glad your enjoying the car, they are great to drive aren't they!!!!!

With the rear end I'd suggest removing the rear roll bar, stiffening the rear springs and if you get to much roll moving the inboard end of the link to the middle hole (if you need a little less than that put 1mm extra under outboard ball stud).

My experience says don't lock the rear down to much as the car works best slightly loose.

Keep us posted.
Old 06-04-2008
Mad Member

I'm looking forward to receiving my kit.
I intended to buy a Durga first, but could'nt argue with the Lazer's price advantage for similar features when buying the stuff in the EC...
I wonder if I will still want to drop the car in favour of a CAT SX next year...
Old 07-04-2008

right now the back of the car is very loose. have to lock it down some. just to keep under controll. I was also going to run the duranga just because i owned the 501x. But i do have to say that the sp is just as good at driving.dont know about the duranga havent drove one. but the sp so far has been a great car. just needs alittle bit to get it over the edge.
Old 08-04-2008

Guys I was going to buy a Durga as well just because the SP is not available in Italy yet...but hopefully internet solved my problem as I just received my new SP from UK!!!
I really look forward to assemble it and get it ready to run!!!!
Old 08-04-2008

Default Massivly off topic

Hey Berna,

why is that nobody on Bay-bay wants to ship to Italy ?

Just curious...

Rusti Design - Awesome custom stickers and cool stuff

My trader feedback
Old 08-04-2008
Administrator

I noticed that also - I think its something about Italy having new import rules where everything is held for a long-long time in customs. And if it's held in customs for a long time then people (seller and buyer) both get worried and start accusing one another? I guess....
Old 08-04-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Berna, what sort of surfaces do you normally run on? Might help in finding a set-up for you!!!
Old 11-04-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy View Post
I noticed that also - I think its something about Italy having new import rules where everything is held for a long-long time in customs. And if it's held in customs for a long time then people (seller and buyer) both get worried and start accusing one another? I guess....
It's correct: recently italan custom is controlling everithing thac comes from outside Europe and as usual things at the customs takes ages to be done!!
This is a very big waste of time: when you buy something you'd like to receive it asap and if it needs 1 or 2 monthes than people start complaining...
It's different if shipping is via UPS or FedEx: they have their own custom and are very fast!!! But they are more expensive than traditional shipment so if you buy cheap stuff it's not worth it to use them.

It's much safer to buy from European countries than because there is no custom control!
I usually find things in Germany or UK: germany for me it's cheaper, but I don't speack german so sometimes it's hard to comunicate or to know exactly what you're going to buy is exactly what you're looking for...