Old 24-10-2019

Default MTC questions

hi Guys

what are the best cars for MTC?

do they have a big following?

Thanks
Old 24-10-2019
Mad Member

xpress and carten do 4wd mtc cars, and of course tamiya do 2wd I'm not sure if they do a 4wd apologies for tamiya freaks

support seems localised but I do believe there is a national series too
check out BRCA website for more info
regards Dave
Old 25-10-2019

Best join some of the Facebook groups (and just ignore some of the recent arguing lol). mtc nationals, mtc racing or something, all things m-chassis

The class is slowly taking off, there was a national series (not brca) this year which grew in support. That has a set of rules 17.5 blinky with a few motors and esc's listed and other rules designed to keep the costs as low as possible. Clubs can run what they want though and I know some allow any 17.5 for example

Rubber and foam is the other mix, go with what your local club runs, foam is quicker but more work.

Xpress, Carten, 3racing, MTS etc, there are a few UK shops which carry them, SpeedRC, Vulcan, m-racing.co.uk etc.

Most do a "cheap" version for £100-130 or so then there are more expensive options. Don't need the more expensive ones, nationals were won this year with the cheaper ones.
Old 25-10-2019

thanks for the info

appreciate it

im looking to get back into racing but not sure what class to go for

im in essex and still looking for the best club to join
Old 25-10-2019

Depends where you are in Essex but you should head along to Rug Racers in Woodson Park SG12 0UQ on 17th November, they are running Touring Car, MTC, GT12 and FWD Touring.

Currently 15 entered MTC for that round so I'm sure some of them can help you out and show you there cars

https://www.centralbooking.org/cbs/i...opt=ve&eid=307

I know there are other clubs in South Essex but not sure what they run. Ask here perhaps https://www.facebook.com/groups/rugracers/
Old 25-10-2019

nice thanks will try and pop along
Old 09-01-2020
Mad Member

Default Tyre wear

My rear sweep carten tyres wear on the top of the inside, how can I stop this happening, most people i race with have the same problem...

Thanks for any help given.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20200109_211019.jpg (407.4 KB, 24 views)
Old 10-01-2020

Most slicks do that on the front, have they done a lot of runs? You could run a bit less negative camber or change the shims or length of the top upright so you get less camber gain in the corner but all of this will take away steering. The tyres will still work ok like that as it just the insert, perhaps some are worse than others. I've been using Rush and they aren't too bad for it, running -2 degree camber

There's a load of Carten runners and the UK seller in the FB groups so will get more replies there, Andrew Bause is the main man https://www.facebook.com/groups/761538774046605/

Last edited by dlr; 10-01-2020 at 08:31 AM.
Old 10-01-2020
Mad Member

Thankyou dlr, their from the rear and have done around 10 x 6 minute runs, will try some rush but before I do I'll alter the camber, know Andrew, buy all my parts from him, thanks again for your input, it's appreciated,

Last edited by rondoolaa; 10-01-2020 at 11:13 PM. Reason: Happy faces were showing as question marks