Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 23-08-2011
RCRacing88's Avatar
RCRacing88 RCRacing88 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Bedfordshire
Posts: 200
Send a message via MSN to RCRacing88 Send a message via Skype™ to RCRacing88
Post Really weak shock towers

Hey,

I had a few roll overs and crashes with my hyper 7 the other day, nothing extensive to the point of breakage. But I did manage to put a slight bend in my hyper 7's front shock tower.

Does anyone know of a stronger possibly thicker tower that I could upgrade to?

as this one is far too slim for my liking.

Thanks
__________________
Caster Racing EX1.5
T8 1900kv & Castle Speed Control on 4s
Diggity Designs CF Upper Deck
VP Pro & Caster Wheels/tyres
Savox SC1258 Titanium Geared


HotBodies Truggy & Ho Bao Hyper 7
GX-5R .21 - Byron 20%
Ofna - Proline - VP Pro - Caster Wheels/tyres
Savox SC125/78 Titanium Geared


Thanks to: Caster Racing USA - Team Tekin - Byron Fuels - VP Pro - Savox

Website / Youtube
Nene Valley Raceway
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 23-08-2011
Steven Forster's Avatar
Steven Forster Steven Forster is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Peterlee, County Durham
Posts: 1,769
Send a message via Yahoo to Steven Forster
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCRacing88 View Post
Hey,

I had a few roll overs and crashes with my hyper 7 the other day, nothing extensive to the point of breakage. But I did manage to put a slight bend in my hyper 7's front shock tower.

Does anyone know of a stronger possibly thicker tower that I could upgrade to?

as this one is far too slim for my liking.

Thanks
some people go for a cheap option and just use longer screws and then double up the standard shock towers, theres also the hobao CNC up-graded shock towers for the hyper 7, I know some people have used hyper ST CNC truggy shock towers as these are a lot more beefier than the 7 ones or you could try these carbon fibre shock towers....................

http://www.fibre-lyte.co.uk/

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 23-08-2011
RCRacing88's Avatar
RCRacing88 RCRacing88 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Bedfordshire
Posts: 200
Send a message via MSN to RCRacing88 Send a message via Skype™ to RCRacing88
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter24 View Post
some people go for a cheap option and just use longer screws and then double up the standard shock towers, theres also the hobao CNC up-graded shock towers for the hyper 7, I know some people have used hyper ST CNC truggy shock towers as these are a lot more beefier than the 7 ones or you could try these carbon fibre shock towers....................

http://www.fibre-lyte.co.uk/

Cheers mate, I might just get a couple of standard towers and double them up! Thanks for the idea
__________________
Caster Racing EX1.5
T8 1900kv & Castle Speed Control on 4s
Diggity Designs CF Upper Deck
VP Pro & Caster Wheels/tyres
Savox SC1258 Titanium Geared


HotBodies Truggy & Ho Bao Hyper 7
GX-5R .21 - Byron 20%
Ofna - Proline - VP Pro - Caster Wheels/tyres
Savox SC125/78 Titanium Geared


Thanks to: Caster Racing USA - Team Tekin - Byron Fuels - VP Pro - Savox

Website / Youtube
Nene Valley Raceway
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 23-08-2011
Steven Forster's Avatar
Steven Forster Steven Forster is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Peterlee, County Durham
Posts: 1,769
Send a message via Yahoo to Steven Forster
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCRacing88 View Post
Cheers mate, I might just get a couple of standard towers and double them up! Thanks for the idea

Not a problem mate, i find that for anything to do with nitro and 1/8th scale best website is maxbashing for all the help and vice versa for anything to do with 1/10th electric oople is the place to be
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 23-08-2011
RCRacing88's Avatar
RCRacing88 RCRacing88 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Bedfordshire
Posts: 200
Send a message via MSN to RCRacing88 Send a message via Skype™ to RCRacing88
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter24 View Post
Not a problem mate, i find that for anything to do with nitro and 1/8th scale best website is maxbashing for all the help and vice versa for anything to do with 1/10th electric oople is the place to be
Yeah I've kinda found that

plus the gallery kinda confirms that

Yeah i use a few different ones, mainly oOple and RC Nightmare. But use TheToyz, maxbashing and modelsport occasionally for selling mostly
__________________
Caster Racing EX1.5
T8 1900kv & Castle Speed Control on 4s
Diggity Designs CF Upper Deck
VP Pro & Caster Wheels/tyres
Savox SC1258 Titanium Geared


HotBodies Truggy & Ho Bao Hyper 7
GX-5R .21 - Byron 20%
Ofna - Proline - VP Pro - Caster Wheels/tyres
Savox SC125/78 Titanium Geared


Thanks to: Caster Racing USA - Team Tekin - Byron Fuels - VP Pro - Savox

Website / Youtube
Nene Valley Raceway
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com