Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 08-02-2012

Talking

SIMPLE'S

My feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthre...hlight=matthew

Old 08-02-2012
Mad Member

As Jim says, this is a voluntary organisation, and that means we all have to contribute voluntarily. I have little sympathy with anyone who adopts the "I'm a victim" mentality, and isn't proactive in chasing down what they need by asking someone to help - take responsibility and ask until the job is done. This is not a paid service, it is a way that helps volunteers spend less of their unpaid time keeping the BRCA running so we can race.

What comes shining through here is that when people have their log-on sorted the system works well. I've entered two years-worth of Nationals using the booking system and it hasn't missed a beat. Did the membership by paper this year because The Boss handed out forms at the National so we all got signed up and didn't forget to renew. Next year on line.

Mark does have a point about layouts in the various Sections, but a little bird tells me that the Exec has given some *cough* encouragement to the Sections to improve. Hope that fixes it!

If you have a problem, please make the effort to chase it down and have it solved. Once all your details (which are your responsibility) are correct, it all works fine and helps our volunteers spend more time with their families and racing, and less with antiquated, time-consuming processes. Thanks.
Old 08-02-2012

I do remember the website being better a few years ago, the sections I wanted to look at were clear and contain the info I wanted, now its a little more of a pain and some of the stuff isnt there( or out dated links mainly or I couldn't find it.

However that being said I found it easy to retreive my membership details and join up and again after a few years out, followed the instructions got my details emailed to me and joined back up, I was very pleased with how easy it was to get my membership back up and running.

I think its great, considering its run by volunteers (i didn't know that before) and I bet not many people do volunteer as peoples time doesn't come as freely as you may think.
Old 08-02-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by U1timate PigDog View Post
I think its great, considering its run by volunteers (i didn't know that before) and I bet not many people do volunteer as peoples time doesn't come as freely as you may think.

Currently:
JQ fan.
Bellend.

Forums are better than Facebook groups
Old 08-02-2012
Mad Member

Used the online system for the first time in January to re-new our three memberships for 2012

Asked for the details
Got the details emailed back to me so I could logon
Logged on
Updated all the details on our profiles
Paid the fee via paypal
Received our membership cards 3 days later via post

Can't see what all the fuss is about

It seems that members that didn't create an account when the system changed 2 years ago ( I Believe ) an account was created for you

To logon to your account, use

xxxx@brca.org ( xxxx being your brca membership number )

Then just ask the admin for access to your account

Hope this is correct, but like I said, ours came through with no problems

my pennies worth !
Support from: My Back Pocket

Driver - 'Derek'
Feedback Link : http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48311
Old 08-02-2012

Hi AC

Could you drop me your details, cards are printed normally twice a week, so yours must have gone astray again somehow.

treasurer@brca.org

Ta

Jim
Old 08-02-2012
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to MattW

It probably does depend on what you expect it to give you.

I did one race entry on it last year, and another one this year. In that time, it seemed that it had improved. However, this process still isn't (IMHO of course( even close to the experience of the website developed for the 1/10 touring car section - this site I believe is significantly easier to use.

What I see, (and I've discussed this with a fellow racer who does know far more than me on the subject) is a shopping site, that has been adapted to sell "membership" and "race entries".

It kind of serves a purpose, but in my opinion not in an especially slick way. Ironically logging in has never been an issue for me - I even have 2 profiles, one as my local club admin.
Old 09-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Spencer View Post
Hi AC

Could you drop me your details, cards are printed normally twice a week, so yours must have gone astray again somehow.

treasurer@brca.org

Ta

Jim
Tried to email about 30mins ago, just had the mail bounce back as undeliverable.

Alternative contact methods? Pm me please.

AC

Thanks to Gray @ 01 and Alex @ Moss Models for being a pair of legends and supporting their local clubs!

Trader Feedback
Old 09-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC199 View Post
Tried to email about 30mins ago, just had the mail bounce back as undeliverable.

Alternative contact methods? Pm me please.

AC
Hi

I'll put it on here just in case anybody else needs it:-

Use jim.spencer@tesco.net

Ta

Jim
Old 09-02-2012
Mad Member

What's happening to the www.onetenthoffroad.co.uk/ site, great site name but just seems abandoned, missing pages, bad links ?