Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 01-12-2012

Default Radio Options

Will be returning racing after a break of 6 months or so and need some help on which tranny to go for.

I did have have a Ko Universe 3, but will be on more of a budget this time, I can use sticks or wheel, the wheel option would probably be a Spektrum DX3C, but I have a slight preference for sticks.

Just woundered what good options are out there, I would like the option to run with micro receiver, if possible.

Is the Core CR151 Code 2.4 FHSS at £70 any good? or would something like the Sanwa Gemini X be better?

cheers
Old 01-12-2012

Default Tranny

Would look for Futaba 3GR or 3VCS. 3GR has most of the functions you will need. 3VCS has more !
Old 01-12-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashBangWallop View Post
Would look for Futaba 3GR or 3VCS. 3GR has most of the functions you will need. 3VCS has more !
Plus you can use the FrSky TFR4 2.4 receiver which is about ½ the size of the Futaba one and is rock solid
Support from: My Back Pocket

Driver - 'Derek'
Feedback Link : http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48311
Old 01-12-2012
Mad Member

The Ansmann W6 is more than capable and has come down to £50, spare receivers are only £25 too.

My paintwork thread
Old 01-12-2012
Mad Member

Futaba all the way. Rock solid, bullet proof and easy to use. Arguably the best radio set out there, and with FRSky TFR4 receivers at £24 each you need to add up the total before you decide a cheap Tx is the way to go. 3VCS on here about £200 for a good one. HTH
Old 02-12-2012

thanks for the reply, the futaba is getting a bit pricey tbh, will have to have a good think
Old 02-12-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowOne View Post
you need to add up the total before you decide a cheap Tx is the way to go
Sorry perhaps I wasn't clear in my previous post and maybe this isn't what Slowone was referring to but that Ansmann W6 for £50 includes receiver. I was just pointing out that spares were only about £25.

If I have that wrong though and I've misread what I've quoted above please ignore me.

My paintwork thread
Old 02-12-2012

Try picking up a KO Esprit II and do the Frsky 2.4 conversion,Rx and Module are about £30-£35 on ebay

There has been a few KO handsets on ebay lately

Schumacher Laydown
Schumacher Cat L1

Schumacher
RC Octane
Old 02-12-2012

eyeayan, I know what you meant, to clarify my question, I was really looking for options for new trannys max about £100 with receiver, a couple of my mates run DX3C's and I have used one before and that would be great for a wheel tranny, I just wondered about stick trannys for the same ish cost. I know I mentioned about the Gemini X, but that would really be over budget.
Old 02-12-2012

I use one of the Core Tx you mentioned and haven't had any problems with it at all. They're the same internals as the Etronix and Tamco so pick whatever is cheapest at the time! You can also mix and match brands (in my Mini8 I've got a Tamco Rx with my Core Tx and it works brilliantly). It's also got all the adjustments you could ever wish for as well.

The downsides (from my view);

It does feel cheap in your hands, but then it is cheap!

The sticks are far too long from standard. There is a removable portion that will reduce their height, but I needed to shorted them further and a friend with a lathe was able to turn them down an extra 5mm for me (or you can remove the thumb grips, shorten the threaded portion and then use one of the ribs on the grips as a guide cut them down as well to do the same job).