Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/18th & Micro stuff

Old 28-03-2011

Default Shark LWB

I'm thinking of going LWB on the Shark. The car didn't handle brilliantly yesterday, but that's more to do with me not getting time to do anything with it, but everyone I spoke said it would handle so much better as the LWB, and also recommended the big bore shocks. I've had a look on RCM, and am tied between the standard looking tub chassis, and the carbon one. If it was on-road my decision would be easier to make for me and I'd go for the carbon chasis, but I'm just not sure for the Shark.

Any other mods I should consider, and what oil / shocks should I be using?
Old 28-03-2011

I only changed the chassis and everything else is factory shark. I would say try it like this first and if you like it leave it that way. no point in spending money if you don't have to.
Old 28-03-2011

Think I'll be changing the shocks regardless, as my useless hands have trouble handling the kit shocks as they're too small and fiddly for me.
Old 30-03-2011
Mad Member

Default lwb

yer, i got the big bores on my lwb, took a lot of time to get the setup right, still not perfect,

gotta think if you snap the carbon chassis it will be a lot dearer to replace than if you snapped the standard chassis,

plus its a lot slimmer so you have less room to work with..

in my big bore shocks i have 100 in rear and 2000 diff oil in front with 4 x 1mm holes in piston ring and approx 7-8mm piece of fishtank pump tubing inside the shocks to reduce drop so i can keep the car low to the ground
Old 31-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondoolaa View Post
gotta think if you snap the carbon chassis it will be a lot dearer to replace than if you snapped the standard chassis,

plus its a lot slimmer so you have less room to work with..
Understand the price difference, but less worried about that, and more concerned (if that's the right word) about what is better of the two. I'v broke a Blaze chassis before at the diff housing (can't remember if that was front or rear), but I don't know how much the carbon chassis can take before it would break.

You say there's less space? I hadn't even thought of this to be honest, was just thinking that the carbon one would be better than the moulded one.

Thanks
Old 31-03-2011

I think you will find the only difference between the carbon chassis and standard chassis is feeling. I bet speed wise they will be near identical. I've not tried a carbon chassis so this is purely me thinking out loud.
Old 31-03-2011

IM running the carbon chassis at the moment, because i got fed up with breaking the tubs,ive broke one swb and 3 lwb to date and they always break in the same place,a weak area imo with or without the top deck
the rcmi carbon chassis does jump and drive the same a tad better i think ,as it lets the suspension work more,looks dam good aswell
http://s1221.photobucket.com/albums/...3D100_0431.jpg
~Schumacher KF2~
~Schumacher Atom~
~BSR Basher-RallyX~
~Ascociated RC8.2e RallyX~
~TeamC T8EV3 RallyX~
phat bodies
worm-racing
http://www.mendiprcraceway.co.uk
Old 31-03-2011
Mad Member

one advantage if the carbon one did break would be just undo the screws on bottom and transfer everything across at once, no stripping gearbox's etc as they are attached to top part and wouldnt need to be took apart....

2 of the lads at our track have the carbon one and it does have a little less room for everything but does look the dogs danglies
Old 31-03-2011

Well I've got enough time between now and payday to decide which one to get. Someone did pm me and off me a lwb car, but hasn't got back to me with photos or a price yet.
Old 31-03-2011

Default Shark lwb for sale

Take a look at my shark it's for sale with all the bits, PM if your interested.

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66671