Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Associated

Old 28-09-2014

Default B5m vs C4.2

Anyone who has driven and/or owned both know how they compare on track?

Really like the way the C4.2 drives and just wanted to know if the B5m goes as well. I've read mixed reports
Old 28-09-2014

Im no pro but there is a difference its hard to say what though my times were nearly the same on track

B5m seems to be slightly heavier to rear and lighter to front easier to go light at front but thats about all i can say.

Only thing i would say is im tempted to sell my c4.2 jus because of the difference it handles i thought id run them and be able to swap easily but doesnt seem the case. Being very average i need to practice with same characteristics swapping was like driving two very slightly diff cars

If thats any help

Shelf queens Losi XX4 Worlds, XX-CR

Mid East Regionals - F3

Trader Feedback
Old 28-09-2014
Mad Member

I've had the c4.1/c4.2 and now run the b5m the m is much more forgiving more balance and tough I fast improvement over the two bitsa cars
Old 29-09-2014

Cheers for the feedback guys - sounds good.

Is there a general consensus amongst national drivers about the car?
Old 29-09-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I've got no plans to move away from my C4.2 until the D215 arrives, the B5M is a step backwards IMO going on the one's I've driven...
Old 29-09-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Lowe View Post
I've got no plans to move away from my C4.2 until the D215 arrives, the B5M is a step backwards IMO going on the one's I've driven...
ive also been looking at the D215, any idea when it should be out???
Old 29-09-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex97 View Post
What is a D215??
Old 29-09-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNC View Post
What is a D215??
Hpi's new 2wd drive buggy, its due out in 2015 and looks very nice. Very little info has been given out by hpi
Old 29-09-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex97 View Post
Here we go again
It's still all prototype stuff at the moment, it'll be a way off yet.

Let's not hijack an AE thread
Old 29-09-2014

Quote:
That is, of course, an entirely unbiased view.....from an Hpi sponsored driver.
Old 29-09-2014

Rich im interested in what you thought was different and why you prefer the c4.2 etc. is it a track condition thing or general handling etc.

Thanks

Shelf queens Losi XX4 Worlds, XX-CR

Mid East Regionals - F3

Trader Feedback
Old 29-09-2014
Mad Member

I changed from the C4.2 to the B5m an was instantly quicker, I know a few people that have also changed from different manufacturers who also got quicker with the B5m . It's still down to personal preference but I would say it's a step forward
Old 29-09-2014

I went from a b44.2 to a b5m and overall I'm much faster and my laps are more consistent. I just perfure the way that 2wd cars handle and theres less maintenance. But its personal preference at the end of the day.
Old 29-09-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aire valley View Post
That is, of course, an entirely unbiased view.....from an Hpi sponsored driver.
Unbiased in respect to C4.2 vs B5M yes, I can run what I want while I wait for the D215 - I'm sticking with my Centro for 'normal' tracks and B44/B4 hybrid for velcro racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDG 40 View Post
Rich im interested in what you thought was different and why you prefer the c4.2 etc. is it a track condition thing or general handling etc.

Thanks
It's a strange one to describe but the Centro just feels really balanced and sorted to me. It rides bumps nicely, carries good corner speed on fast corners yet still has the agility to turn on the spot when you yank the handbrake and doesn't seem to scrub speed when you do. It's taken all this years national season to get to the point with my hybrid where I'm not thinking in the back of my mind "I'd still be faster with my Centro".

The B5's I've driven felt really inconsistent, the back end is a bit... weird sometimes. Watching them go round at nationals this year none have looked all that great, they always look like they're on a knife edge and wanting to throw themselves off the track. That might be a case of not finding 'the' setup just yet or possibly just struggling to keep up with the cheaty cars or both, we'll have a better idea when people are more experienced with them

Last edited by Richard Lowe; 29-09-2014 at 10:20 PM.
Old 29-09-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
Unbiased in respect to C4.2 vs B5M yes, I can run what I want while I wait for the D215 - I'm sticking with my Centro for 'normal' tracks and B44/B4 hybrid for velcro racing

It's a strange one to describe but the Centro just feels really balanced and sorted to me. It rides bumps nicely, carries good corner speed on fast corners yet still has the agility to turn on the spot when you yank the handbrake and doesn't seem to scrub speed when you do. It's taken all this years national season to get to the point with my hybrid where I'm not thinking in the back of my mind "I'd still be faster with my Centro".

The B5's I've driven felt really inconsistent, the back end is a bit... weird sometimes. Watching them go round at nationals this year none have looked all that great, they always look like they're on a knife edge and wanting to throw themselves off the track. That might be a case of not finding 'the' setup just yet or possibly just struggling to keep up with the cheaty cars or both, we'll have a better idea when people are more experienced with them
I felt exactly the opposite with both cars lol only time I really felt at home with the Centro was on a astro , couldn't get the hang of it on anything else
Old 30-09-2014

Quote:

Hey Richard
What do you mean by "cheaty car"??
Old 30-09-2014
Mad Member

He means motor forward cars, like the KF, TM2 etc