Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 12th & 10th On Road

Old 25-12-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Default Voltage booster

I've searched but can't seem to find any info on which voltage boosters are best / most reliable. Any recomendations would be appreciated?

I know you can get ESCs which run happily with 1s but I don't really want to buy another ESC to try this class out when I have spares sitting around doing nothing.

Knowing my luck by the time I actually get a race ready car my local club will have moved on to another class (happened to me twice before!)
Orion R10pro 1s is a bit too much money for me to buy & possibly never get to use lol.

Thanks in advance
Old 25-12-2012

Rc dynamics are the best Roger, http://rcdynamics.co.uk/
Old 25-12-2012

Default Voltage Booster

The best voltage booster I have found is . . . A 2 cell Li-ion battery pack. Tried boosters - they fail.

What speedos have you got lying around ? If you have a Tekin RS series you can wire straight in to the switch wire and run on 1 cell Li-Po no problem. I believe somebody has done this with Hobbywing as well with no problems.
Old 25-12-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Thanks for the advice guys. I'm hoping to build up a race ready car from bits I have around as I'm not sure how I'll take to GT12 after a decade & a half away from pan cars! Add to that I've twice bought into a class at a local club for it to fall away after just a couple of months.
GT12 suits their venue really well so hopefully it will endure
Old 25-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashBangWallop View Post
The best voltage booster I have found is . . . A 2 cell Li-ion battery pack. Tried boosters - they fail.

No, you need a 6.6V 2 cell LiFe battery as the fully charged 8.4V Li-ion can damage receivers and servos.

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80777
Old 25-12-2012

Boosters only usually get fried if wired wrong,or maybe a power hungry servo(savox).
I used an SMC lipo rx pack on a 2 cell only esc,was and still is for sale here on oople .This can also be used on plenty of other things,my dads rc sailing boats for example.
£50 will get you a brand new Core esc though,and £100 for the esc,motor,prog card combo.
Old 25-12-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

As Orion do a 1s specific ESC that is what would have to be used, compliments the Orion motor & lipo & all the other Orion stuff in all my other cars (Kyosho of course)
Old 26-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashBangWallop View Post

What speedos have you got lying around ? If you have a Tekin RS series you can wire straight in to the switch wire and run on 1 cell Li-Po no problem. I believe somebody has done this with Hobbywing as well with no problems.
I have NEVER known an RC Dynamics booster go wrong. I still have one of the very first and 4 in total.

Trev
Old 26-12-2012
Mad Member

+1. RC Dynamics booster is a fit (correctly!) and forget item. I have one left, had two for a while 'til I went to 1S compatible speedos. Used by all the top 12th drivers that make the A Final. Like Trev, I've never known one fail. So small, so reliable... so buy one!