Hi all can I ask a few questions

1 does you esc need to have a fan

2 roughly how long do tyres last

3 best buggy to setup for a newbie to buggy racing

4 if racing part carpet/polished floor what's wheels to use

5 any tips you could pass on would be grate
Old 07-08-2015
Mad Member

Usually for 2wd a fan isn't needed, but if doing long runs with a fast motor that may change. Also depends a little on airflow through shell. In 4wd a fan is usually advisable

I run on AstroTurf and can get usually 2 meetings out of mini pins and 3 out of spikes. Towards end I can feel grip fading. I run Schumacher yellows, but often blue is also ok and lasts slightly longer I'm told.
The yellows are typically good on all floors and I use them indoor on polished wood/carpet as well as AstroTurf. I'm told that in the wet, ballistic buggy greens are best. Never tried them though.

In terms of set up, I run a yokomo yz2 as a straight from box, kit set up and it is fantastic. Before that I ran a bmax2 kit set up and it too was great. Most cars have a good set up posted in the manufacturers section on here. I see fast schumachers at my club but they tend to break a lot.

Best tip? See what people run at your local club and go with that as you will have best access to advice, set up tips and emergency spares

Hope,that helps?

Yokomo YZ-2

No 4WD because nothing lives up to my original Optima. Until now maybe?...

Last edited by Ashlandchris; 07-08-2015 at 09:35 PM. Reason: Spellings
Old 08-08-2015

1 does you esc need to have a fan - no you don't need one but I always run one.

2 roughly how long do tyres last - depends how hard you drive. Some places I can do 2 sets of rear tyres in one meeting and other places they can last a few meetings.

3 best buggy to setup for a newbie to buggy racing - I also run a YZ-2. I'd have a look what people are using at your local club. It's always good if you've got knowledgable people with the same car to get setup advice from.

4 if racing part carpet/polished floor what's wheels to use - Schumacher yellow mini pin 2's on polished floor and normal pins on the front. Astro I'd run low profile staggers or cut staggers in the front and mini pins or mini spikes in the back.

5 any tips you could pass on would be grate - buy the best gear you can afford in your budget. It will save you money in the long run.
Old 09-08-2015

most have been answered but i'll add a different suggestion on tires, if you are new to racing then chances are you are not going to go through tires very quickly. my dad just drives round the track and is not near the limit, got a full indoor season from yellow mini pins on rear, front mini pin still have plenty of life. basically the faster you go the faster you will use tires...
Old 09-08-2015
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris24jt View Post
most have been answered but i'll add a different suggestion on tires, if you are new to racing then chances are you are not going to go through tires very quickly. my dad just drives round the track and is not near the limit, got a full indoor season from yellow mini pins on rear, front mini pin still have plenty of life. basically the faster you go the faster you will use tires...
That explains why my tyres last longer than Jim's. See there is method in my steady b-final pace

Yokomo YZ-2

No 4WD because nothing lives up to my original Optima. Until now maybe?...