Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 07-06-2012

Default brca legal

Hi there does anyone no if my lipo batterys are legal thay are overlander sport 2cell 7.4 v 5000 if so does that mean I can race 1/10 trucks with them thanks
Old 07-06-2012

Can you seem them on this list?

http://www.brca.org/sites/default/fi...20v1%20pdf.pdf

If so yes, they are legal. In truth though, unless you're doing a big event most clubs will let you run with them even if they're not on the list as long as they are hard cased, just check first.
Old 08-06-2012

If your running short course and stadium trucks ten they are not governed by the brca so any esc, motor and lipos allowed
--->Seller Feedback<---
Old 09-06-2012

We are running 1/10 stadium trucks xxxt t4 etc so all is good thanks
Old 09-06-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hpi_guy View Post
If your running short course and stadium trucks ten they are not governed by the brca so any esc, motor and lipos allowed
Unless you are running them at a BRCA meeting... like Regionals, then homologation list still applies.
Old 10-06-2012

They never checked any of our trucks at the 4wd regional
--->Seller Feedback<---
Old 10-06-2012
Mad Member

So you were not running BRCA legal equipment?
Old 10-06-2012

Nope
--->Seller Feedback<---
Old 10-06-2012
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frecklychimp View Post
Unless you are running them at a BRCA meeting... like Regionals, then homologation list still applies.
Quote:
So you were not running BRCA legal equipment?
could you point us to the rules (official BRCA) either page in the 2012 handbook or the website re short course rules and thier requirments to run of the EB list please
Old 10-06-2012

There isn't any, therefore short course can run on any lipo or electrics, that's why I think that it is becoming a popular class because it can be done cheaply
--->Seller Feedback<---
Old 10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hpi_guy View Post
There isn't any, therefore short course can run on any lipo or electrics, that's why I think that it is becoming a popular class because it can be done cheaply
i know that just was seeing why frecklychimp seemed to think there was!
Old 10-06-2012

Yea, I spent hours going through the brca book and there was no mention of short course
--->Seller Feedback<---
Old 10-06-2012
Mad Member

Qouted from the BRCA Electric Board Objectives,Clarifications and changes section and found within a minuteof being on BRCA website....

The Control of Batteries and Motors.

This works quite simply, with homologation lists produced to inform members what Batteries and Motors are legal to use (and when) at BRCA sanctioned events.

The lists for approved motors are constantly changing, so the BRCA website is used as the point of reference. If a particular make of Battery or Motor is not listed as approved for use, on the homologation lists detailed on this website, it cannot be used at BRCA sanctioned events.

It's got nothing too do with car class and clearly states that at BRCA sanctioned events that only Motors and Batteries from Homolgation lists can be used... couldn't be any clearer!

No If's, But's or maybe's... everyone else has to abide by the rules to race at BRCA Regional meetings and buy the relative proper homologated kit... so whether you run a SCT or a buggy or whatever you use legal kit at Regionals and Nationals etc, the rules are there for safety and fairness.

Hpi_Guy has been made well aware of this fact on more than one occasion... someone thought they were being clever playing ignorant when they were fully aware and it's being addressed... didn't take much to get the public confession though did it?

Any questions take it up with BRCA Regional rep or i'm sure Mr Worsley from BRCA Electric Board will put you straight within seconds...

You are therefore both wrong

You should know better Mr Christopher, pointless argument this time
Old 11-06-2012

When was I being ignorant?
--->Seller Feedback<---
Old 11-06-2012

Quote:
Qouted from the BRCA Electric Board Objectives,Clarifications and changes section and found within a minuteof being on BRCA website....

The Control of Batteries and Motors.

This works quite simply, with homologation lists produced to inform members what Batteries and Motors are legal to use (and when) at BRCA sanctioned events.

The lists for approved motors are constantly changing, so the BRCA website is used as the point of reference. If a particular make of Battery or Motor is not listed as approved for use, on the homologation lists detailed on this website, it cannot be used at BRCA sanctioned events.

It's got nothing too do with car class and clearly states that at BRCA sanctioned events that only Motors and Batteries from Homolgation lists can be used... couldn't be any clearer!

No If's, But's or maybe's... everyone else has to abide by the rules to race at BRCA Regional meetings and buy the relative proper homologated kit... so whether you run a SCT or a buggy or whatever you use legal kit at Regionals and Nationals etc, the rules are there for safety and fairness.

Hpi_Guy has been made well aware of this fact on more than one occasion... someone thought they were being clever playing ignorant when they were fully aware and it's being addressed... didn't take much to get the public confession though did it?

Any questions take it up with BRCA Regional rep or i'm sure Mr Worsley from BRCA Electric Board will put you straight within seconds...

You are therefore both wrong

You should know better Mr Christopher, pointless argument this time
yup but thats only applicable to sections/classes that choose to use it, example being 8th electric rally cross, micro who both can run soft cased lipo and motors that do not have approval and sc carnt use a list as there is no 550 motor list for starters...

if in doubt ask jim spencer,chris hardisty the eb rules apply ONLY to sections using them... NOT to every BRCA sanctioned event.
i wil ask again where are the brca short course class rules?
so mr freckily chimp, your wrong
Old 11-06-2012
Mad Member

It's there in black and white, couldn't be any clearer and you still try and argue for the sake of what?

it's all blah blah blah Mr Christopher... another thread you have jumped in on and made yourself look a tit
Old 11-06-2012

Quote:
It's there in black and white, couldn't be any clearer and you still try and argue for the sake of what?

it's all blah blah blah Mr Christopher... another thread you have jumped in on and made yourself look a tit
Lol before I posted the above I spoke to Chris hardisty, who agreed with what I was about to put, now call him and get your facts correct, there are NO sc rules, the eb list is ONLY for those sections who use it and classes whos rules state they run to eh listings.. no short course Brca rules within the Brca, no need to run to eb listing
I am NOT arguing, I'm posting fact.
Old 11-06-2012
Mad Member

So the BRCA are in fact wrong with what is published on their site, according to the exciting world of MR C?

from which i quoted!

It's got nothing to do with with class according to that statement.

In Mid-East Region, 2WD SCT's still have to use homologated kit and that is the fact and the point... it's not acceptable to allow 1 person to race ignoring these rules in the name of fairness to everyone else that races and spends money buying legal kit... plus at regional level drivers in other classes all have to follow the same guidlines... there have been motor/battery rules for years and years and why should it change just because SCT's come along

The SCT class is not new anymore and its about time there were some sensible rules to follow... i've been racing them for 3 years pretty much... it is a good beginner class and most clubs allow relaxed motor/battery rules for them... the National series is there but is too relaxed IMO and doesn't promoting or teaching driving etiquette so is not helping beginners with the 'art' of racing... just allowing them chance to drive round between some hoses

I would love to continue the chat about this as exciting as it is, but i have windows to lick and pavements to stare at.

We can have this conversation at oOple race Mark... but please wait until i'm asleep
Old 11-06-2012

Quote:
So the BRCA are in fact wrong with what is published on their site, according to the exciting world of MR C?

from which i quoted!

It's got nothing to do with with class according to that statement.

In Mid-East Region, 2WD SCT's still have to use homologated kit and that is the fact and the point... it's not acceptable to allow 1 person to race ignoring these rules in the name of fairness to everyone else that races and spends money buying legal kit... plus at regional level drivers in other classes all have to follow the same guidlines... there have been motor/battery rules for years and years and why should it change just because SCT's come along

The SCT class is not new anymore and its about time there were some sensible rules to follow... i've been racing them for 3 years pretty much... it is a good beginner class and most clubs allow relaxed motor/battery rules for them... the National series is there but is too relaxed IMO and doesn't promoting or teaching driving etiquette so is not helping beginners with the 'art' of racing... just allowing them chance to drive round between some hoses

I would love to continue the chat about this as exciting as it is, but i have windows to lick and pavements to stare at.

We can have this conversation at oOple race Mark... but please wait until i'm asleep
please talk to chris hardisty as i have said, you are miss reading the wording which is applicable to those classes using the eb rules, "other classes have brca rules which state you follow the eb listing. ie 2 and 4wd
mark stanton, ill pass on your thoughts to chris about "tits" unless of course you do take time to ring the brca chairman, then when he says what i have put, maybe you could call him one to his face... or are you chickin
Old 11-06-2012
Mad Member