Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Losi Racing

Old 15-10-2014

Default rear shocks mod TLR 22 2.0

We have noticed here at rcdirtuk that some guys such as Mr Stafford have been moving there rear shocks to the front of the shock tower horizon hobby say it makes your rear wish bones weak but improvement on performance so has anyone trying this mod and what's the views is it worth doing for the carpet and astro scene ?
Old 15-10-2014
Mad Member

I have mounted them on the front but not run it like that yet.

It feels different on the bench, perhaps a little more damped. If I run it at the weekend I'll let you know what it feels like on track.

Norfolk Buggy Club- Norfolk's 1/10th and 1/8th Premier Off Road Model Car Club in association with BRCA East of England 1/10 Off Road Regional Racing

JemmettFox- Accountants and Business Advisors

Click any of the above to head to the website!
Old 16-10-2014

Same I haven't had the chance to run mine but I like it a lot feels more central all the top boyz are running this mod let's hope horizon make the rear arms for it also let me no how you get on
Old 18-10-2014

Do you have any pictures for this mod?
Old 19-10-2014

If you go on RCDIRTUK Facebook page there on there should tell you all info you need if not Don't hesitate to ask #RCDIRTUK
Old 19-10-2014
Mad Member

I've attached a few pictures (sorry about the poor quality)

On the shock mounting I've used a small locknut, 3mm spacer and then the standard shock bushing to space it forward. Then on the wishbone I've filed back so that the screw finishes flush with the plastic, when using the middle hole on the 22 2.0 wishbone. I don't think there is space to file enough away to use the inside hole, while I could probably get the shock perfectly straight if I only wanted to use the outside as I'd cut away the complete front portion of the wishbone.

Tried it today at Stotfold towards the end of the meeting on dry astro. It felt as though I could carry more entry corner speed without it suddenly wanting to swap ends, although it would on occasions lift in the inside rear wheel on a hairpin. On power it felt more compliant holding a line on a sweeper. I also don't think it made any real difference to bump and jump handling.

I'd definitely consider giving it a go on astro or carpet when the grip is high.

Final shock set-up after a few practice runs at the end of day:
Front: 40wt, 3 x 1.4mm piston, 2mm internal spacer, blue spring, mounted middle on tower and outside on wishbone - note original 22 wishbone.
Rear: 32.5wt, 3 x 1.5mm piston, shock bottom unscrewed three threads, pink spring, middle on tower and middle on wishbone. Shocks mounted on front of tower and wishbone on mid motor.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WP_20141019_001.jpg (90.1 KB, 70 views)
File Type: jpg WP_20141019_004.jpg (85.0 KB, 64 views)
File Type: jpg WP_20141019_005.jpg (83.5 KB, 49 views)

Norfolk Buggy Club- Norfolk's 1/10th and 1/8th Premier Off Road Model Car Club in association with BRCA East of England 1/10 Off Road Regional Racing

JemmettFox- Accountants and Business Advisors

Click any of the above to head to the website!
Old 19-10-2014

Awesome I'm running near on the same set up as that for hnmc nxt Saturday but with yellow rear springs with 30 wt overall I think this is an improvement for us on UK tracks glad to hear yo all got out at Stotfold today and weather stayed dry and thanks for your info #RCDIRTUK