Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 25-09-2011

Default what do you think?

went racing last night, was going great being in the top heats for second time ever ( ). then some muppet decided to drive the full length of the main straight the wrong way straight head on into my car, which resulted to the end of my meeting due to a broken reciever (grrrr).
the guys dad and grandad said it was 'an accident' what are your views on the situation then? as my boyfriend then, after the incident, picked up his car, placed it on its roof off the track for then the grandad to have a go at him for 'throwing' his car.
everyone at the club agreed that it was no accident and the boyfriend did the right thing by taking him off the track.

its really annoyed me as im trying to develop my racing but its difficult when you get muppets like that wrecking your car because they are afew laps down.
Old 25-09-2011

the kid sounds like he did wrong but unless he has a signal problem or fault with his car your boyfriend has no authority to remove him from the race. as long as his car is still working and he is racing the correct way round only the race director or referee can black flag him or give him a stop and go.

thats how i interpret the racing rules anyway
Old 25-09-2011

his car was fine cos he managed to avoid 2 cars that was infront of me and then hit me, then drove away when he knew i had problems with my car..
even the person incharge says that it was stupid of him and that the boyfriend was in the right to take him off the track.
he is one of these kids that has cost people hundreds of pounds worth of damage over the months.
Old 25-09-2011

its just a club meet so yeah removing the lad isn't a big deal but going by rules it shouldn't happen

the lad sounds like a nightmare though, someone has to talk to him or his parents if they don't know they won't learn
Old 25-09-2011

I think you've got every right to be annoyed.

I understand that sometimes incidents happen where a car can accidentally cross onto the wrong side of the track into oncoming traffic, but it sounds like a deliberate act of lunacy from the way you have explained it.

I don't think i'd have been quite so polite to be honest.....

KEEP RIGHT ON
BLUE IS BETTER
Old 25-09-2011

yer alot of people are annoyed with him, i think that he shouldnt have got his points for that meeting cos he never listens, and he is old enough to know how to race cos he races at another club too...
if he wants to smash cars up he should do a banger meeting
Old 25-09-2011

He should race Mardave if he's gonna drive like that

KEEP RIGHT ON
BLUE IS BETTER
Old 25-09-2011

yer plus with the grandad and the dad getting up in my bf's face(the boyfriend just walked off back to pits miffed off)it doest help matters as there are alot of young kids around watching the races, and they dont want to be seeing aggressive behaviour.
ah well, atleast i can beat him without having to smash into people and cheating LOL

thanks go out to wayne goldson and steve hutchinson from jamie
Old 25-09-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckybean66 View Post
then some muppet decided to drive the full length of the main straight the wrong way straight head on into my car
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokedsalmonkid View Post
as long as his car is still working and he is racing the correct way round
Well clearly he wasn't racing the correct way round so I think he should have been removed as for all the marshall knew he did have a problem to be driving the wrong way and also collide with another racer, if I was a marshall I'd have removed it because I'd have thought for that to be happening there was a problem !

I agree he should have had his points removed for that meeting too ? If he wants to race he needs to respect everyone else at that meet, if he can't do that he shouldn't be at the club !

My paintwork thread
Old 25-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeayen View Post
Well clearly he wasn't racing the correct way round so I think he should have been removed as for all the marshall knew he did have a problem to be driving the wrong way and also collide with another racer, if I was a marshall I'd have removed it because I'd have thought for that to be happening there was a problem !

I agree he should have had his points removed for that meeting too ? If he wants to race he needs to respect everyone else at that meet, if he can't do that he shouldn't be at the club !
+1 to that
Old 25-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokedsalmonkid View Post
he is racing the correct way round
im the person that took the car of the track and put it on the cars roof off the track, and clearly he wast going the right way.
i dont mind about replacing the damaged parts if it was a racing inncident, but after all it was all down to the stupidness from 1 nugget of a person and is driving the wrong way.
my 3year old son knows that there is 1 way round a track.