Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Vintage RC

Old 31-08-2008

Default Kyosho Ultima

Hi, I'm new to this forum, I have some questions about my old kyosho ultima. I am wondering where I can get some wheels and tires that fit it? I googled it and came up with mixed results. Thanks, I am trying to restore it so that it runs again, it was my first car, its pretty thrashed, I have ca'd the cracks in the body, tho there are some chunks missing, and I painted the outside, so it looks a lot better then it use to, a new one is a lot of money. I will probably get a trinity monster motor and a cheap esc to power it, but it will probably do a lot of shelf time as I can't really find parts for it, only a few from kyosho. Thanks for your help, I have been lingering around for a few days and this forum seems pretty active and really cool.
Old 31-08-2008
Spends too long on oOple ...

that was the first 'new' car I ever bought!!! sweet
Old 31-08-2008

Hi Ace028,

I work for Kyosho UK, I don't spend a lot of time on forums but I just spotted your thread. We can see if Kyosho hold any stock for you. It's an old car, so don't hold your breath, but I have a few shops in the North that have old Kyosho spares and worth a phone callif we can't get new parts for you.

Regards
Karl Marsden
Kyosho UK
Old 31-08-2008

Hey, thanks, I live in the US. I thrashed on this car, I was like 7 when I got it, now I wish I would have been a little nicer to it. It would be fun to drive it again. I also need the shock clamps.
Old 31-08-2008
Stu-Perstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Marsden View Post
Hi Ace028,

I work for Kyosho UK, I don't spend a lot of time on forums but I just spotted your thread. We can see if Kyosho hold any stock for you. It's an old car, so don't hold your breath, but I have a few shops in the North that have old Kyosho spares and worth a phone callif we can't get new parts for you.

Regards
Karl Marsden
Kyosho UK
A Karl. What about trying hard to get a TEAM for the UK this year?
Old 31-08-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace028 View Post
Hey, thanks, I live in the US. I thrashed on this car, I was like 7 when I got it, now I wish I would have been a little nicer to it. It would be fun to drive it again. I also need the shock clamps.

your welcome, give the head office a shout in the US, we are here to help!

Karl Marsden
Kyosho Uk
Old 31-08-2008

I would love to get a new RB5, I have soo many projects and so little cash. I almost bought the lazer zx5, I wish I would have, I bought a T4 instead, intended to race where I live but its all 2wd trucks.
RC boats that put my cars to shame in speed!
Old 31-08-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Marsden View Post
your welcome, give the head office a shout in the US, we are here to help!

Karl Marsden
Kyosho Uk
So they may have more parts then listed on the website?
Old 31-08-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by woOdy View Post
A Karl. What about trying hard to get a TEAM for the UK this year?

Hi Stu,

Good to hear from you again, just typed a reply and lost the page doh!

Basically, we are builing the future now as far as I can see. The RB5 is increasing in sales all the time, and at club/regional level appears to be reported as a safe, strong and easy to drive buggy over the B4.

Unfair to comment and not too important as long as it's a good alternative for the customer.

Ground up working close with shops is the best way for Kyosho in the UK. We support shops 100%, and I would personally like to see clubs and tracks on the increase with close support from the local shops around the country.

A team will happen I am sure, but right now the market and everyone is waiting for the NEW KYOSHO INFERNO MP9 (got to plug it) as this will be the first Race car to be launched from Kyosho sinse I joined.

My area is electric, so let's see what Worksop brings this winter, we are selling more RB5's all the time so I am confident we can start getting results at National level. It's winning at regional level now, and I did not expect that so soon, so one step at a time really.

Team oOple back on RB5's would be cool now we are moving forward in this area

Should see you at Worksop as I want to help, but you know where I am if you want to chew the fat.

Take it easy mate, and say hello to your dad for me.

Karl Marsden
Old 31-08-2008
Mad Member

The bodyshell, part number UM18, is still listed as available to order from Kyosho Europe, price is £18.10

As an alternative there is a replica Turbo Ultima body available here

The rear axles use standard 12mm hex drives, so a lot of wheels are available from Tamiya, Academy and Kyosho that will fit on there.

The front axles are the tricky ones, with the axle being 4mm. For my Ultima I use HPI front wheel adapters that let me use 4 x 8mm wheel bearings with Tamiya front wheels that have an 11mm hole.

Alternatively to use 5mm axles get the uprights and axles from the Tower Hobbies ST-15

To fit Associated or Losi front wheels
replace the front axles with Kyosho Ultima RB axles, part numbers RS26 front wheel shaft and RS3 knuckle arm, changes the axles to US size which means the wheels and US size bearings will fit straight on.

If you need any spare wishbones and Kyosho have no more, then take a look at the Tower Hobbies ST-15 parts list as it uses identical wishbones and suspension mounts.

Shock clamps are very hard to come by and the correct ones are very expensive to buy. I use a set of shock clamps from a Kyosho Raider buggy. I picked up the complete buggy for less than the price of the Ultima shock rebuild kits, and the raider clamps are a much stronger design.
Old 31-08-2008

Thanks for that info! It is very helpfull.
Old 01-09-2008

Hi
I have 3 spoke Schumacher Cougar 2000 wheels fitted to my Ultima - pretty sure that I used standard Schumacher bearings.....
Old 12-06-2009
Mad Member

Marwan in Kuwait has recently listed a repro ultima shell um-16. search classic kyosho and worldwide on eBay.com

Last edited by ian h; 12-06-2009 at 08:50 PM. Reason: Spelling mistake
Old 06-07-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant View Post
Hi
I have 3 spoke Schumacher Cougar 2000 wheels fitted to my Ultima - pretty sure that I used standard Schumacher bearings.....
Cougar wheels will indeed fit although the offset isn't the same - I got round this by using a plastic wheel bushing from the original kit inside to space the wheels to the outside. Schumacher also sell the bearings you will need.

Hot Bodies wheels also work on the rear and the dished ones match the Schumacher dish wheels rather nicely.

Cheers

Graeme
Old 24-07-2009

team blue-groove now also offers the original ultima shell.

I have an old stock one myself, but no cage. I was holding onto it awaiting if I'd ever stumble over a cheap cage, or find a buyer for the body. With the current offer on fresh replicas I guess it's back to hoping for a lucky stumble
Old 27-07-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. ed View Post
team blue-groove now also offers the original ultima shell.
can you provide a link please?
Old 27-07-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergreg View Post
can you provide a link please?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/KYOSHO-ULTIMA-...3%3A2|294%3A30.
there you go mate!
Old 27-07-2009

thx!
Old 29-07-2009

Default hey guys i,m also new

i have a kyosho ultima thats all original with the box its super clean like new condition can any one tell me whats it worth here some pics thanks john

Old 26-10-2009

So what parts would I need to buy to make the j concepts rolux wheels work wth this car? I don't care about the vintage rims, I just want to be able to purchase easy to get rims and tires. I plan to actually drive it, I think the rolux won't look bad on it. Thanks.

Also what were some of the hop ups for this car, I have seen a few items on ebay. Do you know where I might source them from.

Items I need:
New top tray
Screw Kit
Rims and tires
Bearings
Servo mount
New body
Top deck mounting hardware
Shock clamps

I don't really need all this to make it run, but they are some items that need replacement.