Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Vintage RC

Old 04-03-2013

Default RC10 bodyshell

In need of shell for rc10 graphite where can I get 1 from
Old 04-03-2013

The graphite originally came with a Protech 2 body......i got one for my RC10 from Tean Blue Groove on ebay.
Old 04-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzerp View Post
The graphite originally came with a Protech 2 body......i got one for my RC10 from Tean Blue Groove on ebay.
Ok cheers did u to pay customs charges ? Also do you use original wheels on yours or do any later wheels fit?
Old 04-03-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Alternatively either of these originals will fit:
ASC6160 1/10 Protech Buggy Body
ASC6121 1/10 Viper Body RC10

and Associated still make them so should be easy to order

Associated B3 wheels fit, just have to ream the rear wheels out slightly to fit the taper on the axles. I believe CML can still get them
Old 04-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancr125 View Post
Ok cheers did u to pay customs charges ? Also do you use original wheels on yours or do any later wheels fit?
I didnt pay custom charges. The original associated bodies would be better quality than the TBG stuff but as far as I can remember the postage was nuts to order them. On my car i am using B4 wheels but they dont just bolt on you need to change a lot of parts. The Thunder tiger phoenix buggy is a rehashed B3 and i think i read that the wheels from that may fit the RC10....anyone else know for sure?
Old 04-03-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancr125 View Post
For 2.2 wheels get the RC10 wheels from JC Racing, on their website go to Products>JC Racing>Wheels>1/10th Buggy Off Road>Associated RC10 5 spoke
Unlike B3 or B4 wheels they were designed for the original RC10 so they have the correct wheel offset and the centre hole is the right size. If you want to run dish wheels then you want the Thunder Tiger BX wheels, it's a rebadged B3.

For bodies there's the original Protech http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LX2697&P=7 and Viper http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LX2708&P=7 both a lot cheaper than the Protech II copies from Bluegroove although the Protech II is more correct.

Anything you buy from the USA is highly likely to get stung for customs duty. Ordering a single body from Tower Hobbies will work out around $30 including standard airmail so there's a good chance it would sail through.
Old 04-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry.sc View Post
For 2.2 wheels get the RC10 wheels from JC Racing, on their website go to Products>JC Racing>Wheels>1/10th Buggy Off Road>Associated RC10 5 spoke
Unlike B3 or B4 wheels they were designed for the original RC10 so they have the correct wheel offset and the centre hole is the right size. If you want to run dish wheels then you want the Thunder Tiger BX wheels, it's a rebadged B3.

For bodies there's the original Protech http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LX2697&P=7 and Viper http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LX2708&P=7 both a lot cheaper than the Protech II copies from Bluegroove although the Protech II is more correct.

Anything you buy from the USA is highly likely to get stung for customs duty. Ordering a single body from Tower Hobbies will work out around $30 including standard airmail so there's a good chance it would sail through.
TBG might forget how much the shell was and put down $15 on the shipping docket.
It happens a lot. ;-)
Old 06-03-2013

They also have the viper and protech shells at liquidrc.com both about 15 dollars and they have a flat 99 cents worldwide shipping charge. Thats where ive got my last few shells from