2wd 39 51.32%
4wd 37 48.68%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Old 15-12-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskers View Post
Lazers are just to expensive though!
No they aren't .... very reasonable pricing considering you don't NEED to add anything at all to go racing ... not even springs!!!

http://www.jespares.com/electric-mod...tegory_id=1260

If you wanted to go to the slightly older but still great spec FS then they can be had for under £300 I think, I am sure JE Spares would get you one for the best possible price as I know how good there relationship with Kyosho UK is from first hand experience .... they never let me down, in fact they regualrly exceed my expectations for stocks, delivery and price!
Old 15-12-2010

Send a message via MSN to colmo Send a message via Skype™ to colmo

You can always hedge your bets and try a 2nd hand B4 first - they're ubiquitous and you'll get most of your money back if/when you move on to another car, as indeed I am now.

(The fact I'm flogging my B4 has nothing to do with this...honest!)

The most desirable car right now has to be the Losi 22, but if you're running in mixed heats, a 4wd seems preferable, and there's a lot of choice, with DEX410R and B44.1 leading the pack. For more budget rides, you've got the X4/TC04, stock Bmax4, Cyber 10B, Tamiya DB01R or a used B44.

A note about plastic tub chassis; they do tend to perform well on polished wood - the Durga (DB01) has immense grip at my first off-road club on polished wood out of the box. It's maybe not as precise as a more high-spec model, but is forgiving and easy to setup (ie. you really don't have to) for inexperienced drivers. The uprated R version solves the problem of the tendancy to fall apart in the last minute, as the Durgas tend to do!

Photos:
Oople Invernational 2010 - Sodden Sunday
Muchmore N. Irish GP 2010 (Touring cars)
BADMCC 1/8th Nitro buggies

Current cars:
X6^2 | JC BJ4WE | TM E4 & E4JS | HPI E-Firestorm | Losi Crawler | + many F1s, super crawlers, scalers, drifters in the works...
Old 15-12-2010

I was seriosly concidering the Ansmann X Pro for £80 off Je Spares but it has dissapeared!! I thought that because it was only £80 if 2wd didn't suit me I wouldn't have lost lots of money.

What do you guys think will be better:
B4.1 Ft
Cougar SV

I really like the look of the Cougar and really like the Schumacher stuff.

In progress: Team Durango DEX410 V1-V4 hybrid ~ DESC410V2 ~ DEX210
Old 15-12-2010
Banned

B4.1
Old 15-12-2010

Quote:
I was seriosly concidering the Ansmann X Pro for £80 off Je Spares but it has dissapeared!! I thought that because it was only £80 if 2wd didn't suit me I wouldn't have lost lots of money.

What do you guys think will be better:
B4.1 Ft
Cougar SV

I really like the look of the Cougar and really like the Schumacher stuff.

Good ol ebay has a couple of B4's and B4fts at the mo

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Associated-B4-...item35aea7c206

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/team-associate...item2eb2033048

how about both b4 and b44 in one package lol

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/B44-B4-Everyth...item3cb362e173

and of course a cougar

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Schumacher-Cou...item2c59648712
Old 15-12-2010
Banned

nice

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Associated-B4-...item35aea7c206

but **** it get a durango!
Old 15-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainlip View Post

one durango roller

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Team-Durango-D...item2c59647211

now the next durango one is amazing

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ty-Beanie-Dura...item3f058ed649

lol

hmmm a kyosho package, 2wd and 4wd, not too bad??

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/kyosho-zx5-and...item2eb1fc116a

(actually if had the dosh I'd buy this one just to sell on)
Old 15-12-2010

Right if I go down the 2wd route I have decided on the B4.1.
But 4wd I still have no idea. I really want a Durango but have been told that thay are only good if you are a brill driver and as they are so precise there is more to break/go wrong.

Old 15-12-2010

Quote:
Right if I go down the 2wd route I have decided on the B4.1.
But 4wd I still have no idea. I really want a Durango but have been told that thay are only good if you are a brill driver and as they are so precise there is more to break/go wrong.

Mind you tbh, any car is only as good as it's driver

Ultimately, if you go down 4wd route then better off going for a rango, otherwise you'll just end up getting one later........
Old 15-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattJT View Post

Ultimately, if you go down 4wd route then better off going for a rango, otherwise you'll just end up getting one later........
Soooooooooooooo true

Old 15-12-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
That load of cobblers probably came from someone who has never driven a Durango, mine has been super easy to drive and set up from the start, and that was from when they first came out and set ups weren't as easy to find as they are now.

As for going wrong, next to nothing has gone wrong in over a year, no broken wishbones, no broken shock towers, no stripped gears in the gear boxes, just a few spur gears and a few loose grub screws in the old drive shafts is about all.

The 410R is cheaper then the Kyosho FS, and much like that car, you don't really need anything that's not in the box, unlike the FS though, the 410 doesn't feel like a car from the past to drive
Old 15-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
That load of cobblers probably came from someone who has never driven a Durango, mine has been super easy to drive and set up from the start, and that was from when they first came out and set ups weren't as easy to find as they are now.

As for going wrong, next to nothing has gone wrong in over a year, no broken wishbones, no broken shock towers, no stripped gears in the gear boxes, just a few spur gears and a few loose grub screws in the old drive shafts is about all.

The 410R is cheaper then the Kyosho FS, and much like that car, you don't really need anything that's not in the box, unlike the FS though, the 410 doesn't feel like a car from the past to drive
You'll never guess what but it was actualy a lazer driver that was saying it to me!!!

Old 15-12-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattJT View Post

and hundreds of Kyosho, Yokomo, Associated, Tamiya etc etc etc drivers would disagree with that statement.

No doubt the Durango is a good car but like many others it's got its own character so will only suit some people.

The best advice is to drive them all (from people who will have them well set up that is) and decide what suits your driving best ... just make sure you try a ZX5-FS on your way
Old 15-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnM View Post

Spares issue as mentioned here also rings true to drivers driving rather than the car itself.....your car doesn't decide to drive into a hard object and break

I've had a load of cars over the past few months, and all i've had to replace is 1 spare part on one car (out of 7 cars)
Old 15-12-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
You'll never guess what but it was actualy a lazer driver that was saying it to me!!!
I did very nearly say it must have come from a Kyosho driver, but stopped myself!
Old 15-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerM View Post
The best advice is to drive them all (from people who will have them well set up that is) and decide what suits your driving best ... just make sure you try a ZX5-FS on your way
I'll have to wait till the next club meeting next year to try some cars but will try and have a go with everything that uses a wheel radio! ZX5-FS aswell!

Old 03-01-2011

Just been offered a great deal on a B44 so I'll see how that goes.

Old 03-01-2011
Banned

Quote:
Just been offered a great deal on a B44 so I'll see how that goes.

yup seen it and I agree! if it was me 4 weeks ago before the durango I would have bought that in a second.