Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Durango

Old 08-09-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Default Jorn 2wd 410 at German nats

Pic courtesy of Michael Volmer, looks interesting!

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 08-09-2013

staggers and no front driveshafts
Old 08-09-2013

this picture was taken today at the german 2WD-nats. It looks like Joern and Gerd drove some "slightly" modified DEX410...

some more pictures are posted on the ecc-detmold homepage http://www.eccdetmold.de/neu/2-wd-de...eptember-2013/
Old 08-09-2013

Is the dBoots MultiByte a mandatory tire?
Old 09-09-2013

I don't think he ever runs a 210 close to kit form anymore.
Old 09-09-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by chet View Post
I don't think he ever runs a 210 close to kit form anymore.
LOL hes been running the alu chassis for what 3 years now and there has been no release... Think how many TD could have sold if they released one early

"Babe thats NOT the price its the serial number!!"
Old 09-09-2013
Mad Member

Underside shot This suggests the motor is still up front:

Interesting: Alu rear bulkhead around the diff - also, it has no diff in the front.

Saddle/stick at the rear, that pretty much confirms the motor position:

Some jumping and cornering:

There are more on there, just picking out some that I thought were interesting to share so you don't have to search.

By the way, it's indeed kind of true about the DEX210, Jörn has been testing many different things on the 210. No wonder though really, how are they supposed to test new parts otherwise? Speaking of which, check this 210 out:

So on this version the shock tower and inner ball studs are clearly mounted seperately, and the shocks are mounted to the back, it even seems to have spacers between the arms and shocks! Both front and rear towers are carbon, and to me the steering rack looks different than the current one... If only the gearbox was a bit more visible, I can imagine they're not just changing the casing... Interestingly though he's not using the front arms as seen at the Euros! Durango have really been a bunch of busy bees lately!

3D Printing Upgrade Parts - FF210 Buggy

Last edited by Col; 10-09-2013 at 11:19 PM.
Old 09-09-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origineelreclamebord View Post
Underside shot This suggests the motor is still up front:
http://www.eccdetmold.de/neu/wp-cont...9/IMG_7670.jpg
Time to break out the dremel!!
(I have a spare chassis......)
Old 09-09-2013

You know, I just hope that what ever they do and if anything comes out to replace the current DEX210 it is as good, because out of all the RC modelling I have done be it airplanes, helicopters, cars nitro, electric or large scale my DEX210 is the best thing I have ever had
Old 10-09-2013

With up coming worlds are Durango looking to build a car that is not a rear motor type but that will work on clay / dirt, any company that can come up with this design will be on to a winner as one car that does both and can be converted in to a four wheel drive will reduce the manufacturing costs.

This could be why they are testing on the four wheel drive platform, interesting times ahead
Old 10-09-2013
Mad Member

associated will win the worlds
Old 10-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroP View Post
Ooooh bold, isn't he bold...

Team AE couldn't even win their own ROAR nationals at the Worlds track! Despite running the C4.2 on a track that had been heavily sugared in to provide a ton of grip they got owned by a rear motor Losi 22
Old 10-09-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroP View Post
the veteran worlds? They are coming up soon I think.
Old 10-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARB View Post
You know, I just hope that what ever they do and if anything comes out to replace the current DEX210 it is as good,
It is interesting to note neither JE or MB have the 210 kit listed anymore! never mind out of stock it's simply just not there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARB View Post
This could be why they are testing on the four wheel drive platform, interesting times ahead
There's been a bit of a to do recently about people running 4wd as 2wd seems everyone's at it.
----AE B4 ft----Xfactory X6^----DEX210 V1----
----TLR22 3.0----TLR22 4.0----TLR22t 4.0----TLR22 5.0AC----
----AE B6.4----
Old 11-09-2013

Most cars are carbon copies anymore. The B3, B4, and B44 all have the exact same length arms front and rear and the shocks mount in the exact same spots on them all too. You might say that of course this is true since they are all Associated. The Durango 210 also has the exact same arm lengths with the same shock mounting points as the above cars. Swap out some 210 arms for some B4 arms or vice versa. They'll work. You could have a straight armed 210 or a bent arm B4. The 210 was designed around the B4 suspension so it is really a different way of doing the same thing. The same is also true of several of the other cars. Everyone copies everyone else. Is it any wonder that so many of these cars are competitive with each other? In the end it really comes down to driver and their setup. Associated has historically always had the best drivers.

A design like the above or like the Team C TM2 are examples of a different way of thinking about layout and balance, even though the suspension geometry aside from front kick is essentially identical.
Old 11-09-2013

I agree everyone copies everyone in the RC game. I didn't think B3 arms where the same because of the different offset rims, so I checked there 5mm shorter then the 210's.

My point at the top of the page is that it seems Jorn runs a different car to suit the track he runs on.

I can see turning a 410 into a 2wd would be killer on really high bite astro or really high bite carpet. I guess will see if Jorn ever runs the 410 as a 2wd on oztie? I dout he will?
Old 12-09-2013

I have B3, B4, B44, and 210 cars. I compared all of the arms on their own against each other. The kingpins all line up exactly. The shock mount locations are even in the same relative places. If you measured along the 210 arm itself you'll get an artificially longer number due to the angled nature of the arms. The B3 had the same offset wheels. The B2 didn't but then again it also didn't have the same length arms.
Old 12-09-2013

Slightly off topic but it will be interesting to see if they will build the new 4wd around this layout as well. Pack next to each other and maybe a "low" drivetrain as all the other 4wd cars have nowadays. If they choose this chassi, will it loose the rear kick the 410 has. I've always found the rear pivot really high compare to other cars.
Old 12-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredswain View Post
I have B3, B4, B44, and 210 cars. I compared all of the arms on their own against each other. The kingpins all line up exactly. The shock mount locations are even in the same relative places. If you measured along the 210 arm itself you'll get an artificially longer number due to the angled nature of the arms. The B3 had the same offset wheels. The B2 didn't but then again it also didn't have the same length arms.
I grew up running the rc10 then got the b2 then the b3. I still have all the rims and I still have the cars that's how I checked the arms. I measured the arms with a caliber and they where 5mm shorter. How is the hinge pin in the same spot when the rim offset is not the same? AE changed the rims when the b4 came out to make it like the losi...

Here's a ebay link with a guy selling the rims stating there the same...
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/ASSOCIATED-RC...-/390610458343
Old 13-09-2013

I found the main on youtube. You can see at one point in the video it is the 4wd car when Jorn flips right in front of the camera. The car looks pretty good on the 'turf. I wonder if we'll see more of this in the future.