Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Ansmann Racing

Closed Thread

Old 31-10-2011
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordy View Post
ok you obviously no what your talking about next you will be telling me thunder tiger are crap
Nikko = Crap, though I have heard thunder tiger is now selling a rebadged B3 if you're interested.
(then again it appears you're willing to argue about anything, even stupid stuff, little wonder people regret helping people like yourself)

I've had enough of this foolishness, I'm out.
Old 31-10-2011

You really have no idea do you
Old 31-10-2011
Banned

I have a really good idea that you have no idea at all. Rock on, mate.
Old 31-10-2011

Send a message via Skype™ to Cardnim

Kayce may be new, but Im starting to love him.

From his profile...
[Friends:][kayce has not made any friends yet]

...no kidding.
Much love KC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peetbee
If you haven't quite made up your mind about which car and you are intending to run at local clubs, then I'd recommend popping down to see what everyone is running.
That way you'll have access to setup and spares support at the track which can be invaluable rather than being the only one running a car

You can also see what motors and gearing they are running too.
+1
This is brilliant advice, and I only wish I had done the same before I bought my first car.
Old 31-10-2011

Having read some of your other posts on other threads, far from helping people you run down products you have no personal knowledge of, you belittle people who just need a little help, and you've even abused one guy just for being from Russia.
You should be banned for that alone.
Old 31-10-2011
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordy View Post
Having read some of your other posts on other threads, far from helping people you run down products you have no personal knowledge of, you belittle people who just need a little help, and you've even abused one guy just for being from Russia.
IMPRESSIVE - I have my own Oople-Stalker!

If you'd bothered actually reading my other posts, you'd have noticed that the vast overwhelming majority were respectfully helping people - just as I tried to do here - and it's not until people such as yourself chime in, with misinformation and stupid stuff, that I get dragged into some silly back and forth pointlessness. If you want to live in your delussional world, go right ahead. Keep me out of it, and quit stalking me!
Old 31-10-2011

ill tell you the only info you will need to start up buggy racing get a (mad-rat) and drop a fusion exceed pro 6.5t brush less combo inside for around £110 and ball race everything trust me that is all you will need obviously uprate the shocks to probably a set of kyoshows or something like some losi shocks and run the basic ansmann receiver and transmitter 2.3ghz combo and you are onto a winner my friend one last thing id strongly recomend upgrade your servo to something like a savox metal gear core-less or something similar then your defo onto a winner
Old 01-11-2011

Lol, whoops, might have accidentally started WWIII, sorry, just wanted a little advice for a newbie (to buggies, not RC), everyone has their favourite, for good reasons. I've, personally got many favourite choices that have not been mentioned (love the Durango concept) and I'd rather race 4x4 (preferably SCT - as that's what I'm into) but what's best for one person is not for another - I want a buggy so that I can get to spend a little time with people who like RC cars, I don't care what make or model (I own two Traxxas for example - not the best, but best for me as I take my cars out all weathers). The MM may be best for me because of its price, I've watched a few racing and they are great for the money, the B4 has an undisputed pedigree, ok it's an old design, but realistically a wheel at each corner is an old design - still works pretty well though ;0). Currently a second had 22 looks good - not because of its history, but because the price is right and I like inboard motor designs. All have their merits - hence why I asked advise from experienced guys like you.

If the Ansmann cost the same as the 22 or B4.1 it might gain more respect but, from what I've seen, pound for pound, penny for penny, it's a darn good car when compared with the others discussed

Ultimately I don't care which manufacturer Makes the buggy I finally choose as long as I can have a little fun with it, it will come down to cost v's quality and MM is holding up well.

Wish I'd thought about things before I drifted off topic - sorry to trigger all the above by mentioning other manufacturers

- Ben
Old 01-11-2011
Banned

Wasn't your fault, Brabusben, we were actually having a very well rounded and mature discussion until gordy came along with his brandwhoring and misinformation. Trolls have a way of ruining everything. Don't worry, it's all good. Get what you want, that suits your purposes and you get the best deal on, as it's you that has to live with your decision either way.
Old 01-11-2011

Didn't this argument start over gordys opinion? Which u didn't agree with n rather than making a post saying ok but.... U just went off on one. Mature!!!

Facts are tho for 65 u got a stronger faster car than the b4 from what I've seen which is y I'm getting one shortly.

If the b4 was so amazing y would cml be making a conversion kit? And how many b4's were at the top of the champs? Not sure there was n were there ansmanns? Think there might of been.

Mayb you should talk to some of the top drivers in the world who run for associated and see what they say.

B4 on dirt like at the worlds miles best, astro and in this country it's miles off the pace
Old 01-11-2011
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunter View Post
Didn't this argument start over gordys opinion? Which u didn't agree with n rather than making a post saying ok but.... U just went off on one. Mature!!!

Facts are tho for 65 u got a stronger faster car than the b4 from what I've seen which is y I'm getting one shortly.

If the b4 was so amazing y would cml be making a conversion kit? And how many b4's were at the top of the champs? Not sure there was n were there ansmanns? Think there might of been.

Mayb you should talk to some of the top drivers in the world who run for associated and see what they say.

B4 on dirt like at the worlds miles best, astro and in this country it's miles off the pace
That would be incorrect, in fact he went off on my own opinion while saying the B4.1 was inferior and "old hat" or outdated - despite it just having won 5 consecutive World Championships, including the most recent about a month ago. So there was no logic in the statement.
The OP did not say they would be running on astro - and regardless, the conversion kits (X-factory or cml) are still essentially B4s using primarily B4 parts. Just sticking a few aftermarket parts on a car doesn't change it's brand. BTW, there were no ansmanns in the A-,B-, or C-finals at the Worlds. I never bashed the ansmann, in fact suggested it if it fit the OP's budget, while at the same time suggesting in no way was it groundbreaking or especially a winning platform or brand - while reserving your own opinion on how great it is until you actually have one and few races under your belt.

But nice job of taking the topic again off-topic. Mature!!!
Old 01-11-2011

Some interesting points there Gunter - and good questions too.

Ben, I dont think you will go wrong with whatever buggy you choose.
As for the ESC/Motor, I know Ansmann themselves make a nice combo set called a Xirius Pro - and on RC Lazy's website, Simon put up a video of an Orca brushless combo for pretty good value.
(Ive never used either though, so cant say good or bad).

On a different tactic - you could go second hand.
I got everything (except batteries) 2nd hand, and have never had an issue with any of the electrics becuase of this. (I blew a motor, but that was my fault)
Currently on the FOR SALE section, you have several really good quality ESC's for a very low price.

Good luck with whatever you decide Ben!
Old 01-11-2011
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardnim View Post
On a different tactic - you could go second hand.
I got everything (except batteries) 2nd hand, and have never had an issue with any of the electrics becuase of this. (I blew a motor, but that was my fault)
Currently on the FOR SALE section, you have several really good quality ESC's for a very low price.
That's precisely what I suggested early on, since the OP did mention other brands/models.
Old 01-11-2011

KC - chill.
Old 01-11-2011
Banned

Yes mother
Old 01-11-2011

Default ESC motor combo

Since i switched to the MM from a Losi 22 my results improved. I have now moved onto the Ezrun 5.5t combo which has knocked around another second off my average lap at my local track. I've had no problems with cogging on a 23 pinion and its as fast as my friends LRP ssx / 6.5t motor in the same car and i was able to put it in the D at the EOS finals this year

I got mine from here for a resonable price - http://www.giantcod.co.uk/ezrun-brus...-p-406413.html

If your after a system for just fun then i think its good value

Just my 0.2p
Old 01-11-2011

"Just a few aftermarket parts" ......most the car totaly changing the design. but it dose use the front end of a B4

The ORCA speedo is ment to be really good and easy to setup and rapid. not sure on prices but i do like the hobbywing for the money
Old 01-11-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunter View Post
"Just a few aftermarket parts" ......most the car totaly changing the design. but it dose use the front end of a B4

The ORCA speedo is ment to be really good and easy to setup and rapid. not sure on prices but i do like the hobbywing for the money
The front end is nothing like a b4.... more RB5/XXX

It is similar to others, but the only thing on the front end that is like a b4 is the front bumper, the holes are in different places though.

AS for electrics, jyust get what you can afford, In my eyes preferably sensored.

Robert Jaques, Schumacher Racing KC, K2. Team Associated SC5M

"The Japanese Sniper"

Team Autocare & Cycles
Old 01-11-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

think he was referring to the debate about the B4 conversions Robbie.

The Ansmanns are nothing like B4's, defo more RB5.

Ansmann Racing UK

RIP - MicroTech Racing

Trader Feedback
Old 01-11-2011

i was looking at the front of a rb5 the other night they really are remarkably similar
Closed Thread