Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > KYOSHO

Old 04-01-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabs View Post
I know I'm just winding you up...
I know

I think I am understanding this a bit better now ... amazing what a CAD model and some e-mail chat can do to get the old grey matter working.

I will try a few things over the next few weeks and hopefully will be able to report back a positive message very soon.
Old 04-01-2011

I know this is gonna sound wierd but, try #60 springs in the front and #72's on the rear.
Mount the shocks, Front top in- bottom out and rear top middle - bottom inside. As for oils and stuff 40wt 3B front and 30wt drilled#55 rear. It sounds to me like you have too much pressure on the front tyres off power and instead of the front diving and transferring weight forward you are getting the rear lifting as the front is held up eg: front too stiff or rear too soft, hope that sounds right- visualise mid corner ride hieght. Is your car a nightmare to keep the front down on jumps?
Kyosho RB 6.7
MB MODELS www.rccarshop.co.uk
www.ghostrc.co.uk
Old 05-01-2011

I know you said everything mechanically is fine, I had a problem just like yours on a different car. I traced it back to the rear axles shimmed too well!

With no wheels on, the car was freewheeling well. With wheels on and nuts done up tight, the car was essentially apply drag brake and causing the over rotation.

These days, and I do this to all cars now even if it can become time consuming. Remove the pinion, wheels ON and TIGHTENED, and see if there is any binding.

anyway, just a solution to a problem which may help some one out there if not yourself.
Old 05-01-2011
Mad Member

Default kickup

roger,in another thread you mentioned youd taken all the kickup spacers out of the front AND machined the gear box to so you must have about 14 degrees of caster if your using the 10 blocks this would give you more mid corner and exit steering,you could try reducing that to mate.
Old 05-01-2011

no it would be 10deg caster with monster kick up, similar but not 100%the same effect.
not sure why u would want to do this but hey

Compositekit.co.uk
Trishbits
Old 05-01-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Thanks for all the replies.

Transmission spins super free. When you calculate wheel rates the spring set up I am using is softer than yours Simon, damping will be a fraction stiffer and pack quicker though.

I think I have traced the problem though now.

It's a combination of diff freshness balance (front is much looser than built, obviously I didn't bed it in well enough) and my driving style.

I think the FS2 simply has too much natural rotation for my style. What Kyosho have done is build a car that rotates very freely and changes direction super fast. That is not what suits my style so the fix is simple, either I work on generating less natural rotation from the FS2 via some geometry tweaks or just put it back to FS spec.

Seems that in building the car the majority of its customers want they have exposed the weakness in this old man

Just as well the FS is still available, I might have to buy two
Old 06-01-2011

they prob built the car around what tebo wanted, and no one can currently wheel a kyosho like he can
Old 06-01-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

They seem to have built the car that the major market sectors have asked for.

The major strength of the Kyosho brand is the continued development and updates. By using combinations if components you can get whatever balance you prefer from locked down to free rotation.

Just glad I've worked out what I'd done wrong.
Old 18-06-2011

Default ZX5FS: setup advice for a medium bite, rough clay track

Hi guys,

can one provide me a good starting point for a FS on a medium bite, rough clay track? I will be running proline caliber tyres(control), orion 45c lipos with a orion 7.5(or 6.5 if needed) motor. The track is rather tight and technical.

I also like to know if the pinned slipper is a good possibility in this case?

Another concern is weight: currently I have 38gr under each lipo, is that any good?
Or can I better put it in the spline of the car? or perhaps do both?

thanks in advance.
Old 20-06-2011

Can you advise where you are at with the LAW36/37 toe block inserts?

I run outdoors on a clay track. When the track grips up (nothing like carpet of course!!), I can run A RF and E RR inserts for 2.5 degree toe in and the rotation is affected a lot. I usually have to dial out a little steering on the transmitter.

When the track goes away (like after it rains all the sand comes to the top), I run the B and F inserts for 3 degrees and the rear is more much more locked in.

Like you I have also noticed how sensitive the car is to the balance of the diffs. I often use this as a tuning aid when I want a little more or less steering.
Old 11-07-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

sorry guys ... don't seem to be able to paste in from Excel anymore as the formatting goes hay-wire ...

Last edited by RogerM; 11-07-2011 at 04:11 PM. Reason: gave up trying to post setups ... sorry
Old 28-08-2011

I had the same rear end problem once, after lots of looking, I found that the weight I placed in the rear had come a bit loose. So, on coasting and turning, the weight would rub against the drive shaft into the gearbox.

Also, check how far the cvd dives into outdrive when suspension compresses. If it dives to deep on the outside wheel, it will lock up.

Hope it helps :-)
Old 06-04-2012

Post Ackerman tuning

Guys,

I got my ZX5 with the e speed mod on the steering and wondered what it actually did. So i asked Tony Evdoka. Gave a simple answer for me, hope it helps other people.

With the mod it makes the outer wheel turn in more, ie more lock, thus you have a smaller turning circle ideal in a tight indoor track.

Many thanks to Tony for the advice.

Hope i understood that right
Electrics- Orion R10, Orion Saddles, Orion 7.5
Extras- Full cream weight set and shock towers.

Old 07-04-2012

yes I have also noticed the kyosho has the biggest turning circle of all the 4wd's I've had.
Old 15-05-2012

hello, which insert you use in schum mini spike yellow on grass track ? I can not find a set up sheet on this surface.
thanks
Old 16-05-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I normally use the same inserts as I would for astroturf ... in my case that is MrO medium compund wide inserts both ends
Old 03-09-2012
Mad Member

Question Carpet

Can anyone point me in the direction of a decent carpet set up for the Lazer ZX5 rtr?

Thanks
David
Old 12-10-2013

Default Gearing

Gearing for fs2 7.5t 6.5t astro track
Old 26-12-2013

Default Maritime set up

Hi would any one have a set up for zx -5fs2 sp @maritime track