Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > BRCA 1/10th OFF ROAD - 2012

Old 11-01-2012

Default New to the nationals

Hi guys

I'm new to this national s and racing, can anyone enter? What does f1 and F2 mean? Are there limits e.g. Motor limit?
--->Seller Feedback<---
Old 11-01-2012

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I would like to Echo Hpi Guys question....

Where do you Start?

How do you enter?
Old 11-01-2012
Mad Member

All info should be here:

http://www.brca.org/?q=content/110th-electric-road/127

I would recommend looking at entering your local BRCA 2012 Regional championship before considering entering National events.

The places at Nationals are highly desirable due to number limits and it is down to your BRCA 'F' (formula) skill grading whether you will get entry as entry is prioritised to higher F graded drivers.

As a Beginner you will be F5 and the pro's are F1 graded, everyone else races to be inbetween and attend regionals to gain these F gradings, which are awarded on championship finishing position.
Old 11-01-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frecklychimp View Post
All info should be here:

http://www.brca.org/?q=content/110th-electric-road/127

I would recommend looking at entering your local BRCA 2012 Regional championship before considering entering National events.

The places at Nationals are highly desirable due to number limits and it is down to your BRCA 'F' (formula) skill grading whether you will get entry as entry is prioritised to higher F graded drivers.

As a Beginner you will be F5 and the pro's are F1 graded, everyone else races to be inbetween and attend regionals to gain these F gradings, which are awarded on championship finishing position.
Good post.

In addition to this, you are only able to earn F1 at the National series. Essentially the F1`s are the top 40 ish in the UK ( its done on a percentage of entries at the end of the season ). Very tough to achieve even for experienced drivers.

You can only earn up to F2 at regional level. It all depends upon your finishing position in your region as to what grade you achieve. Everyone starts as F5 ( unless you have been an F1 whos finished in the top 15 of a national championship in which case you dont drop below F3 grade )

Definitely best to start at the regionals and work your way up from there.

See My Feedback

Old 11-01-2012

Great info..... Cheers Gents.

Is there a list somewhere for the regional events.

Regards
Old 11-01-2012
Mad Member

If you look back in the thread section this is in... the area of country headings below them are all sections related.

pick what area of country you live in, or want to compete in and go from there.

The dates of 2012 events will be listed as they are organised by the BRCA Regional reps... book in for them and go have some fun

for example, I race in Mid East region, usually the season consists of 4 2wd buggy meetings and 4 4wd buggy meetings across summer on outdoor tracks based in the east midlands as organised.

Its a great way to move up from just local club racing and gets you around to different tracks, racing against other drivers in your area and its in a friendly and competitive championship... at the end of it you will be 'F' graded on championship position... this grading then helps with seeding you at future events so you are racing with others of similar skill levels, which helps you to improve as the racing becomes cleaner and faster with higher skill levels of drivers.
Old 11-01-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wupding View Post
Great info..... Cheers Gents.

Is there a list somewhere for the regional events.

Regards
Pick your region from here and enter the ones in your region.

http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31

You can enter 2 and 4wd or just one class. You will achieve grading from your best result of the two if you do both classes. Some regions have their AGM coming up shortly to confirm the dates. The regional meetings run throughout the summer months.

Nationals are run as 2WD on Saturdays and 4WD Sunday on the same weekend. Regionals are ran seperately 2WD one weekend and 4WD a different weekend. Usually Sundays only.

HTH

See My Feedback

Old 08-03-2012

Is it possible for international entrants to run in a round of the national series?

I'll be in the UK for work the end of June so figured I could have a run in round 4 at Oswestry.

Guess it could be tricky as I have no 'F' grading and I understand places are highly sought after.

Cheers,
Scott