Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > South West

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 17-11-2012
Mad Member

Default South West regionals in 2013...and 4wd!!!

Hi all,

Following Tivertons amazingly well supported AGM a few weeks ago I just wanted to follow up and let those who didin't attend know a little about the chat we had there about SW regionals in 2013.

I can only speak for WORM in any official capacity, so anything else about the BRCA/other clubs/etc is all TBC at this stage! I hope the guys at Tiverton who organise this stuff normally don't mind me posting, I just wanted to share the good news as soon as possible!

In principal, the following was talked about...

The series is going to be renamed from SWORDS to South West Regionals. Mainly because the SWORDS name has been taken on by the nitro guys these days, so it'd be useful to distinguish ourselves a little from that and relaunch the region going forward since there is so much renewed interest!

That renewed interest comes in the form of the huge turnout during 2012, and 2 extra clubs who have already expressed an interest in hosting rounds in 2013.

So, the 4 clubs who could potentially be holding regional events this year are...

Tiverton
West Cornwall
WORM
Torbay (subject to new track completion)

I think that is right!?!?

The massive number of 2wd entries in 2012 were discussed, and so was the addition of a 4wd class that will also count towards license grades in future years.

The decision was made that any clubs wishing to host 4wd regional rounds in 2013 can do so, and will nominate separate race meetings to 2wd to count as 4wd regional rounds.

So each club could host 2wd and 4wd rounds of the South West Regionals in 2013. And those classes will run on different days, keeping entries (and race days schedules!) to a sensible level, and allowing everyone to focus properly on each class, rather than mixing your racing on 1 day.

The numbers were also discussed, as 4wd has traditionally been a lower attended class in the region. I would personally love to see 4wd featuring in the region more, I love 4wd racing, it's a very different skill to 2wd, no less skillful, and actually far better suited to the mixed surface and grip levels that our UK clubs and weather dish out....(it's easily the best class to drive around WORM at the moment on our slightly sandy surface ), and I would love to see it included.

So....in the way of getting the ball rolling, WORM already has been and will always run 4wd heats alongside it's 2wd heats on it's club race days, and will definitely be hosting a 4wd regional round in 2013.

On that basis, who in the region would like to enter a 4wd class if it was available?

Who has 4wd's already...and who doesn't but would if it's catered for properly?

Is there anything the host clubs could do to help get the ball rolling with 4wd a bit more?

Getting everyone involved and thinking about it would help get some momentum behind it I think, and make for a really good competitive class of racing in the coming year
Racing in South West: http://www.mendiprcraceway.co.uk/
Racing in Wales: www.caldicotrcracers.co.uk
Kept running by: Yokomo via MB Models & www.tracksidespares.co.uk
Shells by Square Crabs