Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Ribble Valley R/C Car Club

Old 10-11-2012

Default New Track poll

Hi guys Dan Critchley here, i ve been up hours with tooth ache...so decided to have a go at some track designs .... ive done 3 layouts but lets here your views on them....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dan 1 edit.jpg (101.1 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Dan 2 edit.jpg (100.2 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Dan 3 edit.jpg (100.2 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by cr1tch; 14-11-2012 at 11:15 AM. Reason: photo
Old 10-11-2012

I like 1 and 2 Dan both look like good tracks not sure on 3 tho just as a building it point of view
Old 13-11-2012

Hi Dan,

Tracks looking good, are you planning on progressing them more so we can put into pot with others for the next championship in the new year?

Couple of things to bear in mind, more around the buggy sections for Mardave all three spot on we've had a few issues with were the jumps have been placed on recent tracks and had to make some changes after running a couple of times, in the main moving them to marshall friendly positions (which normally means accessible from edge of track) and making sure there not directing drivers (with throttle happy fingers) onto in particular the main straight, but also onto adjacent straights, so here's a couple of things you might want to have a look at to fine tune them
Track 1: Jump 1 (onto tarp) probably okay (although not on perimeter of track) wouldn't expect to many people to have a problem (that would need marshalling there ?!), but Jump 2 is a bit of a no no (drivers would definately end up on the main straight) - need to rethink that one . Jump 3 should be a slower jump with them being pushed towards the outside of the track (towards the benches, so you would hope that people don’t fly into themselves ) which is where we could have a marshall so probably okay there (maybe straighten up a bit so there not directed towards people coming around end of main straight). You could maybe move the jump with hump next to the 10 sticking out before the bend round to the main straight.
Personally think Track 2 would work spot on as is, cos there’s plenty of room around tarp area, so as long as we make sure we have an experienced marshal there and not a small child, that could get hurt with cars flying round the end of the straight, we’ll be fine Middle jumps accessible for marshalls up the bend in track for anyone that may need marshalling.
Track 3 might be better to re-think the tarp area and move to the corner as from experience with this short double jump (with hump) arrangement it’s going to be busy for marshalls Think the jump in the middle should be okay, but may want to straighten the track up after it, I know you’ve probably created that shape to add a bit of feature for the mardave (and that can still be sorted) and also probably to slow them down at the jump so they don’t fly at it (believe me they will, fly at it that is!).

Hope this advise is taken in the right vane and does not put you off developing them further as they’ve all got the makings of damn good tracks (in my opinion)

Losi 22 4.0, 22, XXCR, Losi 8 2.0EU, Tamiya F103GT,
Mardave V12 (stock, brushless & Caterham), Mardave Cobra & Team Associated B3.
Old 13-11-2012

Some good tracks there matey deff liking number two
Old 13-11-2012

Like 1 & 2
Old 14-11-2012

Default EDIT

Hi Guys i ve now edited the tracks so tell me what you think!!!!

and give a vote to which you now like