Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 13-04-2017

Default BRCA Membership?

Hi all. I re-joined the BRCA on 29th March, paid the £20 joining fee through PayPal but I have heard nothing since, not even a confirmation email to say things are in progress.

Not having heard anything, I sent an email last night through their website, but so far all I have had is an automated response. I know it says it can take up to 14 days for your card to reach you, but surely you must get some form of correspondence, or acknowledgement of receipt of payment?

Is there some kind of backlog at the moment, or is the BRCA a relatively unmanned organisation?
Old 13-04-2017
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I received my cards within the week I rejoined, just keep trying to contact them

www.norfolkbuggyclub.moonfruit.com

kyosho optima,Bosscat,Boomerang,,RB5 Vega,RB7,,RC12 5.2, TLR22-4,MP9,HB807T
Flask of tea & a rollup
Anglia model centre & CT Models
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28117
Old 13-04-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperDunley View Post
Hi all. I re-joined the BRCA on 29th March, paid the £20 joining fee through PayPal but I have heard nothing since, not even a confirmation email to say things are in progress.

Not having heard anything, I sent an email last night through their website, but so far all I have had is an automated response. I know it says it can take up to 14 days for your card to reach you, but surely you must get some form of correspondence, or acknowledgement of receipt of payment?

Is there some kind of backlog at the moment, or is the BRCA a relatively unmanned organisation?

Hi mate, I had similar issues when I re-joined back in January, didn't realise until there was a problem until a couple of weeks back when I registered for the oOoos series and they told me I had no BRCA email sent same as you and got sorted very easily so just wait for them to reply. I haven't raced this year so far so wasn't a real issue.
Oh I gave them the date my PayPal went out so they could trace it nice and easily.
Tamiya Lunchbox
Tamiya Top-Force
TD SCT

https://www.rccarshop.co.uk/
Old 13-04-2017
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Have you checked your spam folder? Quite a few people have said the brca emails ended in there so they didn't see them.
Old 13-04-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by peetbee View Post
Have you checked your spam folder? Quite a few people have said the brca emails ended in there so they didn't see them.
Yeah checked that folder (daily!) but nothing unfortunately. I will give them until Tuesday/Wednesday next week then will be contacting PayPal for a refund, wait for them to come back to me for the money rather than me wait for someone there to get off their ar5e and actually do some work - it's a piece of paper ffs, how hard can it be?
Old 13-04-2017
Mad Member

its only a piece of paper with your details on, if you log into your BRCA account and take a screen shot of the confirmation you have paid then showing that should be enough as your covered from the day you pay, not the day you recieve the card
Old 13-04-2017
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

PM me your name and I can check the status.
I paid for my renewal in November, still haven't got a card...
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 13-04-2017
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperDunley View Post
Yeah checked that folder (daily!) but nothing unfortunately. I will give them until Tuesday/Wednesday next week then will be contacting PayPal for a refund, wait for them to come back to me for the money rather than me wait for someone there to get off their ar5e and actually do some work - it's a piece of paper ffs, how hard can it be?
Frustrating yes, but it's all done by volunteers
Old 14-04-2017
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Hi

im one of the guys who helps run the site though my actual knowledge on running it internals is limited.
couple of things to double check
make sure your registered email is correct
make sure your spam folder contains no brca emails

drop a ticket to the brca and direct it to membership, if you pm me your name, or email me markc@brca.org
i can look out for it and direct it to Dianne who will get on the case

asking for a paypal refund will simply see your licence/membership cancelled if its been activated ok. we wont chase you for the money

Neall

drop a ticket too to get a card

to raise a ticket hit contact and then in the drop down either membership or general will go to all page admin

Last edited by mark christopher; 14-04-2017 at 09:49 AM.
Old 14-04-2017
Mad Member

Just log on and get the number from that I've never shown my card to anyone just give them that number
Old 15-04-2017
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by daz75 View Post
Just log on and get the number from that I've never shown my card to anyone just give them that number
There wasn't one, he isn't registered, despite paying with paypal. As Mark said, likely an email address typo.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 15-04-2017
Mad Member

Ah ok
Old 19-04-2017

Hi guys, quick update...

I have checked with the Treasurer and there is no record of me joining, however they have acknowledged receipt of my PayPal payment.

My email address is correct (it's also my user name) and I have had no correspondence through the email address I use for PayPal (different email address).

I followed the process on the website to join, it's not difficult (I was a member 4/5 years ago for many years), but there is clearly an issue with their system. Whilst they have acknowledged receipt of my money, there has been no efforts made to help me, all I have been told is the person who looks after the memberships is on holiday, but don't know until when....

Totally understand they run on a voluntary basis, but I am a little disappointed with the way this has been handled (or not as the case may be).

Nearly a month has passed now and apart from an email confirming nothing has happened, nothing. I would hope that if anyone ever needed to make a claim from a sanctioned event, their responses would be quicker than this.
Old 19-04-2017
Mad Member

Pretty poor what about opening a dispute with PayPal and get your money back and then try to rejoin?
Old 20-04-2017

Just a quick update - all sorted now!

Thanks to Mark Christopher for jumping in and helping out. If anyone else has similar issues in the future, Mark's the man

Cheers
Old 21-04-2017
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

It's not down to me, I'm just one of a team, pleased tour sorted and if any one else is stuck, we (the brca admin team) do get there in the end.