Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Norfolk Buggy Club

Old 10-10-2013

Arrow Winter indoor series - worth an ask???

Dave

Now the weather is beginning to turn, do you think there could be any mileage in holding a Norfolk Buggy Club indoor winter series?
(I think cmcc does this???)

These guys at the hewwit school in norwich, seem to be struggling for numbers and are looking for inter club stuff / ideas.
http://earccnorwich.wix.com/earcc
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137323

20 years ago there was an indoor buggy club based at the ta centre norwich, that produced some brillant close racing on a polished floor.

The track does look a bit small. but perhaps we could run on the adjacent polished floor aswell and add a couple of wooden jumps on the carpet???

Might help them out and perhaps generate some funds for nbc (50/50 spilt on buggy class maybe?) it would certainly keep interest high all year round and help with close racing skills.

What you think???
Andrew
Old 10-10-2013

Default Trowse

There is also touring car racing at trowse on carpet and I know the guys there will put on a heat for buggies if there are enough racers.

There website is http://www.thecarclub.org.uk/

The track at Hewett is small and they usually run foam tires, not sure if they will let buggies race on their carpet.

Chris
Old 10-10-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

we have gone up to trowse over the winter before, but TBH most didn't like it much as we can't have jumps due to the sports surface and the walls around the track were very unforgiving

I'm not up to speed but the club also ran the 12th at hewett was the same group of people but with a smaller hall and track for 12th, but I thought I heard a rumour that they were losing the trowse venue so all racing could now be at hewett but I could be wrong.

The club in lowestoft were running a buggy class with jumps, I could look into it.

Thing is it seems most buggy racers just don't get there fix from indoor touring tracks, and after the first visit seem to stay away and hold out for even a half decent day outdoors.

www.norfolkbuggyclub.moonfruit.com

kyosho optima,Bosscat,Boomerang,,RB5 Vega,RB7,,RC12 5.2, TLR22-4,MP9,HB807T
Flask of tea & a rollup
Anglia model centre & CT Models
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28117
Old 10-10-2013

yep can see without slippery floor &/or jumps it just wont do it

lowestoft seems a distance to go and as also during the day could see difficult to keep numbers up for a casual club meet.

do you think Hewitt school is a no go then?

look like you've been here before, lets hope for good weather
Andrew
Old 11-10-2013

Hi. I run earcc. We and hewitt are different clubs, we race touring cars and gt12, we would run a buggy heat if we had enough turn up, jumps would be fine but some kind of protection for the carpet on landings would be needed as we dont want to damage the carpet, our track.is 22x10m wide but we are hoping to get some more carpet soon. Also what tyres would buggies run on carpet, i know proline make some onroad tyres for buggies, maybe these could be an option to give you similar grip levels to what you are used to outside
Old 19-10-2013

The track looks quite small as it does at Trouse for buggies at least. Personally I prefer bigger tracks with long straights so I can get the power down like the dirt track.

I am considering Colchester over the winter period as they have polished wood floor and cater for buggies. Long way to go to get the "fix" but will see how it goes.

Cheers
Simon
Old 23-10-2013

I used to run at Trowse in the mid 90's when all they used to run was Buggys , It was a good back then !! Dunno what it's like now , I'd be interested to go back and give it a whirl if other members are going to have a go , sorry , I've been unable to get to rackheath this year , what with being away and other commitments
Any idea what tires they run , we used to run Schumacher micro spikes ..... But that was a very long time ago when 1700scrc's and a 95 yz-10 works were the bomb
Old 23-10-2013
Mad Member

I used to like running at Trowse over the winter months, but as already said indoor racing with buggies is very unforgiving if you hit a wall, I also know that the "flat" track is not everyone's cup of tea either. Hence why we rarely got enough racers to make a regular heat of off road indoors.

Schumacher mini pins used to be the favoured tire choice for indoor running, and seemed to create little wear on the carpet when compared to using mini pins on touring cars.

Norfolk Buggy Club- Norfolk's 1/10th and 1/8th Premier Off Road Model Car Club in association with BRCA East of England 1/10 Off Road Regional Racing

JemmettFox- Accountants and Business Advisors

Click any of the above to head to the website!