Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 12th & 10th On Road

Old 15-11-2015

Default Newbie to Touring Cars - advice needed....

Hi all, I'm looking for some advice on a TC set up please. I've raced off road for many years but looking to try this but want to be competitive with my kit

What is a good starting point for motor and esc? Also any chassis recommendations, one that requires the least amount of tweaking out of the box.

Will be running indoors on carpet on a fairly big track.

Any help appreciated!

Thanks
Adam
Old 15-11-2015

The first step is to find out what classes they run at your local track. Then start with the slowest one! Ideally they will have a 13.5 or 17.5 blinky class. The Team Powers is a fantastic motor in blinky for reasonable money. Trinity D4 is also very good. ESC wise the performance of the top brands (LRP, Hobbywing, Tekin) is all the same, so pick whichever you fancy. I like the Hobbywing for price, reliability and ease of setup via the program box.

For indoors definitely go with an Xray, it's the strongest car and as competitive as anything else. And popular so easy to steal setup. They update the car every year so there's loads of good used T4'14s and '15s around which are almost the same as the current car.