Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 12-10-2014

Default BRCA 1/10th Electric Off Road AGM Proposals

Some interesting ones.
How would they affect the ability of your club to run a regional or national event?

http://www.brca.org/sites/www.brca.o...014%20Fnl..pdf
Old 12-10-2014
Mad Member

As you say Phil, some interesting points there.

I'm not sure they are all appropriate for regional level (or even national level) racing and could seriously impact on a number of smaller clubs that don't have the space nor finances to meet some of the requirements potentially being asked.

Norfolk Buggy Club- Norfolk's 1/10th and 1/8th Premier Off Road Model Car Club in association with BRCA East of England 1/10 Off Road Regional Racing

JemmettFox- Accountants and Business Advisors

Click any of the above to head to the website!
Old 12-10-2014
Mad Member

I love the wheel one, 23.7. It is seriously proposed that you guys measure wheels to a dimension down to 0.01mm, (or 0.0005") in an open field at any temperature between single digit and 28 deg C, on a subject that is unlikely to be round and will flex under the load of the measuring instrument; said instrument having something like a 1% variation due to the operator and with no tolerance to work with. And after all that, it is proposed to exclude someone or something that is non-conforming? You cannot be serious!!!

Love to know how that unenforceable rule goes...

Last edited by SlowOne; 12-10-2014 at 06:01 PM.
Old 12-10-2014

Some good....e.g. batteries, Some not so good..e.g. raised pit lane..!....pit lane of some sort perhaps, but surely no need to be raised.!
Let's hope common sense prevails..
Old 12-10-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowOne View Post
I love the wheel one, 23.7. It is seriously proposed that you guys measure wheels to a dimension down to 0.01mm, (or 0.0005") in an open field at any temperature between single digit and 28 deg C, on a subject that is unlikely to be round and will flex under the load of the measuring instrument; said instrument having something like a 1% variation due to the operator and with no tolerance to work with. And after all that, it is proposed to exclude someone or something that is non-conforming? You cannot be serious!!!

I think it aimed more at the 1/8th style of wheel that is now in production for 10th cars.

http://www.screwz4rc.co.uk

Old 23-10-2014

The rostrum run would rule out regionals at Batley
Old 23-10-2014

Default Rules

The silly thing is that some regions already struggle to have enough tracks to make a series, so with the rules about track width and rostrum location this could completely demolish some regions! Do the BRCA realise this or are they trying to start the end of this hobby.
Old 23-10-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokes View Post
The rostrum run would rule out regionals at Batley

I think it would rule out a lot of clubs not just Batley

I think all the AGM proposals should be put on the BRCA website and some sort of voting system put into place so all BRCA members can vote yes or no to what is being proposed. Would this work ?

Trader feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25152
Old 23-10-2014

Default Regions

Looking at the large disparity in regional entries, perhaps a review of regional boundaries could be productive?
Old 24-10-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowOne View Post
Badly, it seems as if someone has just converted the imperial measurement (2.2, 1 5/8, 1 1/2) into mm. Without allowing for any understanding of tolerances. Especially relevant with injection molded plastics which can change dimensions over time. And can change batch to batch depending on the weather.
Old 24-10-2014
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Larner View Post
The silly thing is that some regions already struggle to have enough tracks to make a series, so with the rules about track width and rostrum location this could completely demolish some regions! Do the BRCA realise this or are they trying to start the end of this hobby.
Rules are created by brca members, brca officials impliment them.if you don't like em then go to the agm because that's how it works
Old 24-10-2014

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulc View Post
I think it would rule out a lot of clubs not just Batley

I think all the AGM proposals should be put on the BRCA website and some sort of voting system put into place so all BRCA members can vote yes or no to what is being proposed. Would this work ?
Only work if it's yes or no option, as ur unable to debate or amend them .

Eg if u were there. You could amended it to a pit lane and loose the raised part, can not be done via online vote
Old 24-10-2014
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Larner View Post
The latter I think
Old 24-10-2014
Mad Member

Would a sanity check not be worth doing on these proposals?
Old 24-10-2014

Easy, turn up and vote.
Old 24-10-2014
Super Moderator

The rule proposals are not created by "the magical BRCA", they are proposed by the people mentioned in the proposal.

They will be discussed and voted upon at the AGM, if you care about the outcome go to it.

If I'm honest I think the BRCA committee will think some of them are as stupid as some of you lot do, so I wouldn't worry too much.

G
Old 24-10-2014

Just to add a bit of background information about rule proposals.

Any BRCA member can submit a rule proposal. The proposals are then reviewed by the section committee, who cannot do any more than comment on them and provide a recommendation.

Some of the rule proposals have come from the committee members, and some have come from members. As the regional rep for Wales, i attended the last section meeting where these proposals were submitted. And i can assure you, that the committee share your concerns for some of the proposals. Its a little harsh to Criticise the BRCA or section committee when the rules you are no doubt objecting to have not come from them.

During the AGM, all rule proposals will be presented, the section committee’s comments will be added, and a vote takes place. It does not matter how sane or logical the rule is, if the majority vote for it, it stands.

But at the moment, the way to make sure your voice is heard, is to turn up to the AGM, which is being held this Sunday and vote.

Tom
TLR 22-4 2.0, TLR 22 5.0 AC Elite,

Kindly Supported by Trackside Spares, TLR, Spektrum and Horizon Hobby
Old 24-10-2014

I think some of them proposals are sensible (dropping the EB list for starters at regionals) etc, stuff that affects the nationals I don't worry about. The track proposals, I can see where some are coming from, to me, a regional should be an opportunity for club/local drivers to have the chance to drive on bigger tracks, but, if the EB list is dropped, not the need to invest in anything other than budget equipment. Not to sure where this raised pit lane comes from, someone obviously thought it was required.

As for regions themselves, maybe they should be allowed a little more 'flexibility' in how they run things as the regional reps should have a much better idea with suits a region than a bunch of people at a meeting.
Old 24-10-2014
oOple Advertiser

Regionals are a stepping stone to Nationals and in my opinion should run to National rules and standards.
It also makes more sense to educate the drivers at regional level rather than allowing them to get to a national event and they are all out of their depth and feel everything is strange and against them.

I am not one to agree to cheap non approved Lipos at any event.
As much as we want to introduce more people to the sport we also don't want cheap stuff blowing up all over the place. If allowed, that is what will happen in my opinion.
I know many will say that I've had this and that and its all fantastic but the fact of the matter is we don't have major incidents for the reason that we have that list and only good products are on that list.
If its that good then get it approved - simples!!

OK - you can all shoot me down now - GO!!
LOL
Old 24-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudeTony View Post
Regionals are a stepping stone to Nationals and in my opinion should run to National rules and standards.
It also makes more sense to educate the drivers at regional level rather than allowing them to get to a national event and they are all out of their depth and feel everything is strange and against them.

I am not one to agree to cheap non approved Lipos at any event.
As much as we want to introduce more people to the sport we also don't want cheap stuff blowing up all over the place. If allowed, that is what will happen in my opinion.
I know many will say that I've had this and that and its all fantastic but the fact of the matter is we don't have major incidents for the reason that we have that list and only good products are on that list.
If its that good then get it approved - simples!!

OK - you can all shoot me down now - GO!!
LOL
I agree totally with Tony's first comment that we should run national rules at regional level making it easier to make the transition to national level.

However, the lipo issue is a little more complex. Lipo's are expensive to the extent that almost all of mine are second hand.
Cheap lipo's would seem to be the answer and as for them blowing up, isn't that what lipo bags are for?
I haven't seen the list of lipo's that are currently approved so there maybe some which are cheaper for those on a budget.
Also, if a lipo is on the list one year but then not the next does it suddenly mean that they are liable to explode. Some of us cannot change batteries from one year to the next.

Ready, Aim, Fire