Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > WRCA

Closed Thread

Old 16-01-2012

Default cobra round 3 thread which isn't closed yet!!

One question are we pitting outside in a gazebo??
If yes

Please can talywain hold a round???

WRCA 2WD indoor Champion
I AM A RACING GOD
Old 16-01-2012

Evening axe,

The gazebo is purely there if we had 50-60 odd entries(which would make it the busiest round of the series) and need the extra space. Its not an open gazebo like most people use for pitting its more of a marquee type tent tbh with side walls and a roof.
If some people want more space and to go in it thats fine....

At present we have 34 actual bodies entered across a few classes this amount is easily catered for within the hall

Hope that clarifies for ya

dave

2wd : AE - B6D
4wd :

Old 16-01-2012

nice one you did have me worried for a min...

Not a bad idea though end of winter indoor finals at talywain!! we could even run the micro's if we used the all astro track!!

WRCA 2WD indoor Champion
I AM A RACING GOD
Old 16-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by axeman View Post
nice one you did have me worried for a min...

Not a bad idea though end of winter indoor finals at talywain!! we could even run the micro's if we used the all astro track!!

Well if you have a day like today axe why not!! I was in a t shirt in gargen all afternoon and itr was lovely!
Old 16-01-2012

end of march is free in the talywain diary

WRCA 2WD indoor Champion
I AM A RACING GOD
Old 16-01-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

maybe next year Steve, lets just concentrate on the rounds we already have organised shall we!
Old 16-01-2012

If you have 34 booked so far. How many more can you fit in the hall before you need to use the gazebo
Old 17-01-2012

Pete If you give me a date, I will run the event then email you the results. simples. no need for the wrca to panic

WRCA 2WD indoor Champion
I AM A RACING GOD
Old 17-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by axeman View Post
Pete If you give me a date, I will run the event then email you the results. simples. no need for the wrca to panic
The WRCA has got to much else to worry about then adding I new venue axman! Lol
Old 17-01-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to millzy

Personally I think this year has been a massive improvement and shows the way the WRCA is going- We now have a head reff and team who have attended all meetings and kept an excelled level of consistency

The Championship has been hugely support from drives accurse all regions and from the Uk Nationals - Driving standards and Marshalling are clearly improved over the years and we have a high number of talented drives who are now looking to compete at National level- As well as a number of new drivers who have come into he sport ,we also have a higher number of junior drivers competing that in previous years.

The tracks that have been created are some of the best I have seen in over 15 years of racing and I tip my hat to those involved in the hard work that is put in to create such tracks that are a challenge and a joy to race on

The offer to add Tally is a nice idea, Unforchanety, I don’t think we can add another round to the Indoor Championship this far in

Lets keep things as they are – but please do not take this as a slap in the face of not being welcome or that we do not want to race at Tally. or any other club that wishes to be part of the Indoor and Outdoor championships
Old 17-01-2012
Mad Member

Perhaps from the committee side, things have now improved, and with the work Pete belsten has put into the winter championship, its certainly all helping.

However, after the cobra fiasco with capped entries etc, i cant help feel people have lost faith. The fact that cobra had to cap entries for H&S is fully understandable, but why the WRCA didnt step in to make it fair or suggest an alternative prior to the public announcement/slating thread i shall never know.

More needs to be sorted out in house prior to these announcements, especially to aid in restoring peoples confidence after the shambles that has been the past 2 years.

Im led to believe that this year 3 clubs have withdrawn from the WRCA (perhaps not officially "yet) ,and all shortly after the cobra thread on here. This is just a testament to my earlier comment of sorting things before announcing.

P.s, this isnt a slating post, its to give the WRCA an idea of how i and many others feel, and hopefully you can take it on board to make the 2013 season better.
Old 17-01-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Suggestions where put to the club, The club responded in what it feels is a viable option to address the issues raised by the WRCA members and competing drivers.
Old 17-01-2012
Mad Member

I meant before the "re-discussion" this Sunday just been. How come the issue was not addressed by the WRCA prior to the capping discussion on here. Could have saved everybody a lot of hassle/time and prevented competitors from dropping out.
Old 17-01-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I think it’s only fair we give COBRA a chance. I can only apologies on behalf of the WRCA if members feel we should have publicly addressed this sooner- I can assure you that we where working behind the scenes regarding the issue as soon as we where aware of it.
Giving commitments out side of the WRCA Sunday was the first time we could meet with COBRA at there venue and understand the size of the issue and address it in a way that we felt was best for the club and the championship

Suggestions where put forward by both parties. Following this what was felt as the best option to give COBRA a chance to run at there venue and prove they are able to run a successful round at there venue where reached.

As vice chairman I am more than happy to meet with any club committee and members who have issues they wish to address to the WRCA and we will address accordingly. Please feel free to Email me ( my email will be on the WRCA site as soon as I remember to tell Pete) and would rather do so in that form of contact that on an online publicforum or facebook
Old 17-01-2012
Spends too long on oOple ...

Who are these three 'clubs' that have discussed leaving the WRCA Jamie?
Old 17-01-2012
Mad Member

I dont think any direct contact or conversations need to be had, it certainly wouldnt fill me with anymore confidence. The WRCA members have lost faith, and to restore that it will take proof, and a lot of effort from the WRCA committee.

I was going up for WRCA chairmanship in the AGM that has just been, the reason i changed my mind is due to the scale of work required after talking to lots of people about what they think, so i really do know first hand how much work is needed.

I will support as best i can, as im sure many others will, but changes need to be made. Learn from your mistakes, last year it was having a round at Ledbury, who then never supported the rest of the season and pocketed the extra income of us Welsh visitors, this year its the capped entry at cobra, and no doubt to follow will be rd4 of the micro series at WORM (possibly another repeat of Ledbury...).
Old 17-01-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCM View Post
Who are these three 'clubs' that have discussed leaving the WRCA Jamie?
Its not my place to say, im sure an official club statement will be made in due course by the clubs own committee member(s)
Old 17-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie.T View Post
I dont think any direct contact or conversations need to be had, it certainly wouldnt fill me with anymore confidence. The WRCA members have lost faith, and to restore that it will take proof, and a lot of effort from the WRCA committee.

I was going up for WRCA chairmanship in the AGM that has just been, the reason i changed my mind is due to the scale of work required after talking to lots of people about what they think, so i really do know first hand how much work is needed.

I will support as best i can, as im sure many others will, but changes need to be made. Learn from your mistakes, last year it was having a round at Ledbury, who then never supported the rest of the season and pocketed the extra income of us Welsh visitors, this year its the capped entry at cobra, and no doubt to follow will be rd4 of the micro series at WORM (possibly another repeat of Ledbury...).
But isn't this the issue though Jamie, EVERYONE knows what is wrong with the WRCA, but nobody can put it as a proposal for the AGM, or actually attend the AGM to maybe go on the committee to make a difference and bring those changes in. I think the WRCA committee are all for constructive criticism, but those people also need to step up to the plate and get stuff done to?
Old 17-01-2012
Mad Member

Yep, your right Steve. I regularly voice my opinion and what i believe to be constructive thoughts/opinions, but many others dont.

Perhaps they dont feel their opinions matter, or they wont be listened to. Or maybe they've made suggestions in the past which have simply been ignored, who knows.

Maybe we should have a section where people can post their ideas, and ideas only, not a place for bitching and keep it moderated just incase? Are you able to set an appropriate thread up Steve?
Old 17-01-2012

Unfortunately, I only moderate the section with Pete, you would need to ask Pete that.

Things won't change until people bring matters into public instead of chatting amongst themselves, so ask Pete, as he is on the WRCA committee.