Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Mansfield RC Club

Old 04-08-2013

Default Best equipment to get started with?

Hi all,

I am new to racing 1/10 off road but race ic on-road so have experience driving. I am hoping to get racing at Mansfield in the next month, any recommendations on equipment are welcome. I am doing this for fun so want to be competitive but don't want to spend loads and loads.

I am looking at getting a Durango 210, core charger, I have a savox servo already and sanwa radio gear. What do people think is most suitable for motor 6.5t or 7.5? Batteries? Someone mentioned hobby king when I visited the club and finally speed controller?

Thanks
Michael
Old 04-08-2013

Hi Michael,

Battery's Here

I would get either a 7.5t 0r 8.5t motor.

Speed controller either orion r10 or dualsky i would say.

pm me a contact number and i will call you if want ?

thanks

Jason

Old 04-08-2013

Dualsky esc & motors 8.5t will be suitable iTunes them and are excellent they have given me no trouble at all, turnigy nanotech batteries are also very good at amazing prices from hobbyking uk , finally if you are quick you can pick up a Durango dex210 for £95 which is a incredible deal but team c tm2 are used by quite a few people at the club at the mo and are very good but are £240 so if money is a issue the act quick and get a dex210 while there going cheap
Hope this helps
Old 04-08-2013

Thanks for your help guys, I guess the Orion ESc is the Pro version..speed controllers seem a lot more than I thought..I'm also looking at speed passion as they do a combo deal £120 for Speed Passion Reventon-Pro ESC Grey-V3.0-7.5R Combo. Is this one any good?? How about Reedy, Savox and Thunder Power seem a bit cheaper for motors?? Cheers

Where do you buy Dualsky esc & motors?? SMD import them I see..

Hopefully will be able to come down and watch again in a couple of weeks then I should be able to get everything. I have seen Durango offer & it looks very good just hope it stays on a bit longer.
Old 05-08-2013

Yep good advice from the lads, is a 210 really only £95 that a good deal….

I drive a Team C TM2, it’s the car to have at the moment, the best price is at Demon RC £179.99 that a barging considering I paid £250.

Speedo and motor – If the budget will stretch buy Dualsky, if not then Speed Passion is a good option.

Hobbywing V2 are also good - Look on ebay

I have a Speed Passion Reventon R Grey (not the Pro) with a V3.0-7.5R motor for sale. One year old £65, let me know if you’re interested. If you are wondering, Yes I swop it for a Dualsky.
Old 05-08-2013

Dualsky motors & esc can be brought from Pbm racing or Insideline racing Pbm is our local model shop situated in Eastwood esc about£130 ish a d motor £55 but they are good Orion are very good to but a lot more money I think not really into speed passion me sen or hobbywing but that's not to say they ain't any good just loving me dualsky set up
Old 17-08-2013

Have been offered a 2nd hand Orion r10 with programming box& Lrp 7.5 motor for £100...what do you think?good or save up for new..cheers
Old 17-08-2013

Hi mike I would snap his arm off at that money