Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > WRCA

Old 20-02-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomj316 View Post
I asked the same question today Dave, and it doesn't look as if any trophies will be awarded.

Im confused a little tho, as i believe each entrant to the WRCA winter series has paid £1 per race day towards the WRCA? Im confused because i cant see where that money has gone, you would have presumed it was to cover trophies
Sorry when I arranged the series I didn't even think about trophies, it was just the satisfaction of having done well in a championship that I was after!

In terms of £1 per entrant per race day going to the WRCA - well that's news to me!!

I'd like to say thanks to Cobra for a stress free happy day - had great fun running my old RC10 in the 4th round
Old 20-02-2011
Mad Member

Pete, if im wrong about the £1 per entry ill withdraw my comment. I presumed it was standard practice after the WRCA outdoor season that £1 of your entry went to the WRCA.

Andy, there's a difference between jumping and launching a rocketship into the roof of the venue like you were....LOL Some serious big air there, Yee ha.
Old 20-02-2011
Spends too long on oOple ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by markwilliamson2001 View Post
I thought the day was excellent, well run meeting, and track layout was brilliant, flowed very well, and was easily big enough for 10 car finals. I also thought that the start of the 4wd 'A' final was one of the cleanest starts I have witnessed whilst racing in the last few years, and everyone should be applauded as to the standard of their driving in the first few corners. The jumps were also very consistent, and were easily strong enough and reliable throughout the day - well done.

Looking forward to the results as well, hopefully I might have made the top ten out of the two rounds I did??? No idea though.

Only minor gripe for me, was that the rostrum was just a little too low, to see the table top VERY clearly, however, it wasnt really a problem, as the entry and landing was easily visible. I guess since the club normally races touring, then to build a higher rostrum just for one meeting would have been very costly, and would probably have put the club in debt, not the best of things to do in the current economic climate.

Overall 9.5/10 from me, will defo come again!
Thanks Mark, we do have 'boosters' for the rostrum, but then we got to get the steps out to, and time was tight this morning, but it is something we will take into consideration next time round.

Andy, I thought the two jumps were spaced far enough apart to deter the double, you proved me wrong lol all good fun though!

Gonna get the results to Jamie in a min.
Old 20-02-2011
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to markwilliamson2001

Cool, nice one DCM. Guess that you cant get in the hall any earlier than you did? Was nice to have a lie in for a change. Will defo be back for some more indoor racing next winter. Not too sure what outside racing I am doing yet, probably mid-west regionals at present, and dont really know of what welsh outdoor tracks there are??

Well done on COBRA club for today
Old 20-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by markwilliamson2001 View Post
Cool, nice one DCM. Guess that you cant get in the hall any earlier than you did? Was nice to have a lie in for a change. Will defo be back for some more indoor racing next winter. Not too sure what outside racing I am doing yet, probably mid-west regionals at present, and dont really know of what welsh outdoor tracks there are??

Well done on COBRA club for today
Cheers Mark, the club really showed what it can do when they put their collective heads together. (we had to pay an extra £50 to get the hall opened an hour earlier today, and then they were 15 mins late, maybe next time we could negotiate an earlier open time so peeps could get practice, but nobody was at an advantage today, as we usually run all carpet).

Trophies, make a thread about it, lol, personally, I am fed up of them lol, now, end of season chocolates, mmmmm
Old 20-02-2011
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to markwilliamson2001

Chocolates/cheapo tesco easter egg would have gone down well with the missus LOL good idea IMO
Old 21-02-2011

Provisional results are now availablw for the WRCA event at COBRA on the COBRA website www.swmcrc.co.uk.

Please follow "Results" tab from the main menu and then Indoor Results for 2010/2011.

Round by round positions and finals results only available at this stage.

Roy
Old 21-02-2011
Mad Member

The championship table has now been calculated and can be found by clicking HERE
Old 21-02-2011
Mad Member

I imagine it's possible, but it would be better if you were to mix the results of 2WD & 4WD Micro together. Our races are like that so we don't mind running with them

Mendip R/C Raceway - Offroad Racing in South-West
WORM-Racing - GT12 Racing in the South-West
Old 21-02-2011
Mad Member

Bugger off Dan, you've won it anyways. LOL And it means i wont get a trophy then :-)

Also it would mean re-calculating the results from all 3 rounds, and i just haven't the time or patience.
Old 21-02-2011

Can anyone tell me why posts/replies have been removed from page 6!!
Old 21-02-2011
Mad Member

Theyve been moved to a new thread Dave to keep the Cobra topic on topic.
Old 21-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pops View Post
Can anyone tell me why posts/replies have been removed from page 6!!
Hiya Dave, I split the topic so the COBRA one didn't become a 'beat the WRCA' thread, don't mind, do you

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63820
Old 21-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCM View Post
Hiya Dave, I split the topic so the COBRA one didn't become a 'beat the WRCA' thread, don't mind, do you

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63820
lol
Old 22-02-2011

Thumbs up Video from sunday

Video of the 4wd 'A' Final from sundays meet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8-8TNM3Fsk

was some great racing from Andy / Rob / Owen throughout

Old 22-02-2011

Thumbs up Video from sunday

Double post

Last edited by JACKOR33; 22-02-2011 at 09:50 PM. Reason: Double post
Old 22-02-2011

Nice one That was bloody close from start to finish..Didnt realise how well everyone drove in that final...Well done all in that race...very professional