Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > KYOSHO

Old 15-10-2012

Default Kyosho RB6 vs Kyosho Vega

As per the title has anyone owned both of these cars and how do they compare. Thanks
Old 15-10-2012
SHRCCC Legend

Awaiting delivery of a Vega RB5 as I couldn't get hold of an RB6 for the right money. Seller is going to RB6.

Heard mixed views from awesome, to not really setting the track on fire.

I'll start with the vega, see how it goes and then maybe RB6 it next year and use it rear motor configuration.
Old 15-10-2012
oOple Advertiser

Not sure what or who Neil D is referring to but the RB6 is a great car straight out of the box,,,,,,,,

Both cars are good - what is it you want to compare?
Old 15-10-2012
SHRCCC Legend

Nothing bad uncle T! Just couldn't get an RB6 in time for when I wanted a car, so gone for a 2nd hand Vega RB5 until I get the RB6
Old 15-10-2012

I've not seen a happy face after a race from an rb6 driver, i'm sure there's more to come from it, but i'll be sticking with the vega and trying various rb6 parts on it, best of both worlds and much less plastic.
Old 15-10-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Default VEGA VEGA VEGA !!!!!!

Hi Neil, i havent owned a rb6 but have owned all kyosho buggies going back to the lazer zx in around 1989/90 ish so the quality will be there with the rb6.Must say have to agree with andioweeble on the happy face side.I own a vega gen2 kyosho rb5 WC and had the gen1,yet to run the gen2 but all i can say is the vega rb5 is a awesome car on all tracks and surfaces and its the fastest ive been since going back to 1/10 electric.

Vega for me all the
Old 15-10-2012

come on Smasher, you know you'll get a Vega!
Old 15-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudders View Post
Nothing bad uncle T! Just couldn't get an RB6 in time for when I wanted a car, so gone for a 2nd hand Vega RB5 until I get the RB6
i cant belive you have gone too the dark side ( 2WD )
Old 15-10-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andoiwebb View Post
I've not seen a happy face after a race from an rb6 driver, i'm sure there's more to come from it, but i'll be sticking with the vega and trying various rb6 parts on it, best of both worlds and much less plastic.

That's because you haven't seen MY face every time I drive it, or anyone who's tried mine.

RB6 is just plain awesome
Old 15-10-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabs View Post
That's because you haven't seen MY face every time I drive it, or anyone who's tried mine.

Have to agree with you there fab!

Ran RB6 yesterday and the car is awesome! Your MCS is the only other car I would ever run should I revert back.. I've tried many other kyosho based cars and these 2 are by far the best out there in my opinion

A couple of people drove my car before the finals yesterday and 1 of them has bought one from us (JE) today! The other from what I gathered was VERY impressed!

If you buy an RB6 you will be impressed! I can't understand from my first impressions how anyone could not have a big grin on there face!

Ive emailed my set up sheet to Arno at petit so i would say it should be on there very soon!

Old 15-10-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I think Tony speaks sense here. They are both great cars. My opinion is that different surfaces suit different chassis layouts and maybe driving styles but theres not massive advantages to be gained. I tried nicks RB6 yesterday and thought it was easy to drive on the unique surface we race on at Worksop. I was impressed its true. Sadly wasn't in a position to test it back to back with my own vega car though as I was running 4wd only. I've ran a vega rb5 at a competent national f2 level for over a year now and it has yet to disappoint me on any surface. Im sure id be pretty much the same pace if i ran the RB6. It's not going to get me a national a final on its own. Some people expect too much from a change of chassis. It's almost all about the driving. That's why it's the same names that crop up at the top of the leader boards time after time and why the oOple trade section is always flooded with cars that have only done a handful of runs

See My Feedback

Old 15-10-2012
No trade access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabs View Post

I can testify on that one, Fabs was sold on it at the first run and he's not a happy face all the time kind of dude

I couldn't agree more after my first race with this car and I ran a Vega gen1 and gen2.
Old 16-10-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I might have been one of those unhappy faces but that was because I had mad the mistake stated above. Put the car back to standard configuration & BOOM back to awesome again! I made the setup error & had been awake for 13 hours by the time I ran my final following two 20 hour days before so was unable to concentrate.

No car is going to perform well if the drive is asleep at the sticks

Stick with the suggested configuration and you will have a car that makes you smile every time you run it
Old 16-10-2012
Mad Member

Roger,

I run my car saddles at the back and it's been great. I'm not sure what's been wrong with yours like that? Yet to try anything else, but I will at some point.

IMHO with the RB6, Kyosho have taken all the good bits of the cars that are already out there and put them together. It has the front end that every mid motor RB5 lacks, but still keeps the composure of all the RB5 mid motors. It jumps better than any 2WD buggy I've seen/driven, especially the reaction to steering inputs in the air is plain awesome, which is uncommon with 2WD buggies due to the low weight of the front wheels. I'm sure it's equally as good in rear motor form.

What I'm trying to say is, if you can afford the RB6, it is well worth the money. Besides, RB5 parts are now bond to be less and less stocked by shops and distributors, which makes it an easy pick for me.
Old 16-10-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Fabs, I just found that the car wasn't as smooth through the corners with the cells butted up against the motor guard and the ESC forward behind the servo.

It felt like the car pushed into the corner, snatched abit through the apex and then pushed on the way out again. Almost like it wasn't tracing a single arc but 3 separate ones if that makes sense. Nothing changes in springing / damping would cure, definitely felt like a weight transfer related thing.

With the electronics aranged as per the manual (servo, cells, esc, motor) it was much more consistent into-through-out of the corner. Loads of steering but very predictable with it. It feels like it hardly transfers any weight fore-aft and what it does transfer it does progressively.

The stock RB6 is just about perfect for me, love the steering and the fact in generates brilliant traction too but most of all it has that sense of "balance" which is so essential for giving confidence.
Old 16-10-2012
Mad Member

I have had The Vega Rb 5 in all it's guises. I now have the RB6 and I think that there is no comparison. I can get lots of on power steering and the car is very forgiving. I'm running quicker than I ever have with the RB6 I'm so glad I made the change. I won't be looking back.
Old 16-10-2012
Mad Member

[QUOTE=Fabs;704317] IMHO with the RB6, Kyosho have taken all the good bits of the cars that are already out there and put them together. It has the front end that every mid motor RB5 lacks, but still keeps the composure of all the RB5 mid motors. It jumps better than any 2WD buggy I've seen/driven...QUOTE]

What he said...!!

Exactly my thoughts, the vega was awesome, but I could never make it turn like I wanted.. The RB6 takes all the positives, but has bags of mid corner steering...
Old 16-10-2012
Spends too long on oOple ...

Will have to get round to building mine lol.

Only been sat in the car boot for a number of weeks lol

DB1 isn't going anywhere
Old 16-10-2012

Just reading this thread whilst considering the pros and cons of a DB1 vs RB6, and I see that half of you on here have both.....

Thats just greedy!
Old 16-10-2012
Spends too long on oOple ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye View Post
Just reading this thread whilst considering the pros and cons of a DB1 vs RB6, and I see that half of you on here have both.....

Thats just greedy!
Best of both worlds

My Vega is at TORCH, so prob could borrow that too.

Believe I have your old lazer too