Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > KYOSHO

Old 20-11-2012

Ahhh, breaking into dean's account again, Rich? I don't remember saying I had a vega on this thread, I'll have to check.

Oh Christ, I see the Gestapo really must have answers:
I'm not going to name 'top drivers' as I don't want to cause them any annoyance, though Jon Legg was struggling.
I can't remember who told me about filing rear wishbones, was it you Roger, last Sunday? Apologies if it wasn't, it was somebody at kiddy.
Tracks: broxtowe, Kidderminster & cov.
I'll just agree that the rb6 is the most amazing piece of kit ever to save anymore tedious & angry responses.
Old 20-11-2012
Mad Member

Pm'd.

PBM Racing 01773 769323
TEAM XRAY
RC DISCO
Old 20-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex-Dean View Post
We dont feel that your observations are justifyed though, i've driven a few rb6's now and it's like looking at a double rainbow. You mention you had a vega?, well i was at kiddie the other day watching a ok driver mark hall go round with his, and he struggled to go around corners and keep it in a straight line, even to the point where i thought a 3 yr old was driving the car.
does this make the vega rubbish?, no it was just a case of poor setup and bad driving.
IDIOT!
It must have been Webb as I've not been to Kiddy this year, and not drove 2wd since August!
Old 20-11-2012

For what it's worth, I tried an RB6 on Sunday, just a dozen or so laps.

I drive a Centro and love it and i am not in the market to change, but the Kysoho was amazing to drive and for sure was quicker than I was with the Centro.

It was incredibly forgiving, tons of grip front and rear on what was a very changable damp surface down at Surrey & Hants. It just felt very easy to drive fast. If I was buying a car now then it would be hard not the go for the Kyosho. Very impressed.
Old 21-11-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Andy mate. Of course you are entitled to make observations & have opinions. I think what is happening hereiI genuine amazement at those observations.
I've never driven a more blanced 2wd & it seems like the majority agree.

Once I get mine back together you are more than welcome to have a drive and see why.

It certainly wasn't me who suggested modifying the car, only thing I have done is turn the steering drag link around to reduce ackerman which is a standard tuning feature.

I am stil shocked at how well my car went around in such a disabled state, how good would it have been in tip top order?

Only place I've struggled at all is on tight high grip indoor surfaces as they are alien to me having no indoor club within 50 miles but you can ask Matt Owen what his comment was at the end of r4 at the last silverstone meeting, seems I have that sorted too now.

As I say you're welcome a drive whenever you want, not sure what meetings your doing where there is free track time though as I'm not doing any of the Coventry MAM meetings because I dislike the track so much. Let me know what your thinking of going to.
Old 21-11-2012
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by andoiwebb View Post
Just to detract from all the positive comments.... I haven't seen one that's handled well in very low grip conditions and this includes some very high level drivers. I was so close to buying one and I'm really glad I didn't.
Hi Andy
I just read your comments and clearly you have seen some cars that may not be performing. I am curious though who the 'very high level' drivers are? If you was at a meeting and these drivers were present, there is no reason for you not to name, as it was clearly public. Its all about opinions and what makes our world go round at the end of the day.
I would also like to know what tracks these are, as i would like to visit myself and discover how slippery these places really are for myself.
If you don't want to publicly say then please send me an email to tony@rudebits.net were it will stay confidencial......
Many thanks, Tony Evdoka, Team Kyosho
Old 21-11-2012
Mad Member

Oh bugger the Don is on the case now, Andy you may find a horses head in your bed now . The ones that I have seen have been spot on but they have been driven by drivers who could make a turd fast.
Old 21-11-2012

No further comments from me, private or public, enjoy your rb6s.
Old 21-11-2012

I think you should at the end of the day you have made some comments that might put someone off buying the RB6, i'm thinking of getting one and I run low grip dusty tracks in the summer so would be keen to find out why they werent performing, it would be good to find out if there was a particular issue that day or a set up that didnt work or if the car was just struggling, but unless you say who and where the facts wont come out
Old 21-11-2012
Mad Member

Can i Suggest anyone wanting to know anything about the RB6 follow the main Thread please! it has all the info and feedback you need to know about the car and all the guys are there for help and advice.

Kyosho UK

www.kyoshoeurope.com
Old 22-11-2012

Thanks for all the replies my mind is made up, and sorry I seem to have trodden on Mr Neil's toes