Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 14-08-2013

Thumbs down Poor HobbyKing service

I know a few other threads have touched on this, but this is my tale (so far)....
Until this order, I've never had a problem with ordering, paying for or receiving goods from their uk warehouse.....
I ordered, and paid for through their website from UK warehouse an esc and program box on 28th July....
Another order for batteries placed after this on 29th July, these arrived promptly....
I contacted HK on Saturday 10th August as to the whereabouts of my esc order, the money has gone through PayPal to them, they said they'd look into it, 5 different staff members later I was told I had paid to an account that's incorrect, I questioned this as my PayPal invoice shows otherwise....
Still no joy, so I've raised the issue with PayPal and informed HK of this....
They've (HK) now closed my case with them, I have no goods and await PayPal to help further....
HK then have said once I get a refund that I should re-order, then contact them to check order, then they want me to contact their accounts department to confirm payment is correct...

Am I being unreasonable to think they should confirm to me the order without me having to double check? Other excellent model businesses manage to confirm by direct email reply....
Old 14-08-2013
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Use one of the other exellent model business services then.....
Old 14-08-2013

I do whenever possible. I won't be using HK again.
Old 14-08-2013

Default Hong kong delivery times

You say you ordered on the 28th of july and you contacted them onthe 10th august. Thats just under 2 weeks. You do realise that it may be going through customs which may take up to 3 weeks. You can track it if you go into your account.

Ive ordered from hongkong a few times and received every order. Although sime take longer than others depending im the value .

I think its pot luck whether it goes through customs in which case if your order did for the esc it could tske 3 weeks.
Old 14-08-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmatrix View Post
You say you ordered on the 28th of july and you contacted them onthe 10th august. Thats just under 2 weeks. You do realise that it may be going through customs which may take up to 3 weeks. You can track it if you go into your account.

Ive ordered from hongkong a few times and received every order. Although sime take longer than others depending im the value .

I think its pot luck whether it goes through customs in which case if your order did for the esc it could tske 3 weeks.
He said he ordered from uk warehouse
Old 14-08-2013

It shocks me more why any one would shop at Hobby King any way you pay peanuts you get monkeys !
Old 14-08-2013

It shouldn't matter if peanuts or gold nuggets are exchanged, when money is taken showing clearly who it's gone to, then either the goods or an explanation should be forthcoming.
Old 14-08-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nic View Post
It shocks me more why any one would shop at Hobby King any way you pay peanuts you get monkeys !
2 turnigy nano tech a spec 1s batreries for 20 quid each, thats why i do
Old 14-08-2013
Mad Member

Default hmmm

I have never used the UK warehouse, but many things over the last couple years from the HK one. all arrived in reasonable time, ripped off by customs often and the postage is high but I could not really fault HobbyKing..... Might just be a bit of bad luck.

they sell some decent stuff and good prices but also some tat. you have to have a little gamble on some things.

2013 & 2014 OOPLE INVERNATIONAL
BEER RACE RUNNER UP!

FEEDBACK LINK =
Old 14-08-2013
Mad Member

OK Ive just ordered batteries but got no confirmation. Paid via paypal. Ive contacted them. I have got this reply

'Yes, I see the payment was received. Due to a possible error when the order was placed, the order itself cannot be found. Kindly contact PayPal to cancel the payment and get the funds reversed and place a new order and try again. We apologize for any incovenience.
'

I said, cant you just refund it, it will be much quicker, paypal will take ages.

To which I got

'We are really sorry for the inconvenience that his may have caused you. This is something that we don't intend to happen. It just happens that a system error occured, and the only way to get your money back is to contact paypal for this since there was no order made on our end. I hope you understand.'

This is very annoying. They can see my payment recieved in paypal so either refund it from there, or create the order and post my things. Its not rocket science is it?

I say, just log into paypal and refund me. Reply:-

I'm afraid we cannot do that on our end. The only solution that is available is either you cancel the payment from PayPal or we cancel the order itself on our database which is not possible since there is no order.

So apparently now, companies dont have access to there own paypal and require the third party to sort out there error.

Theres my rant, I'm pretty annoyed to be fair.
Old 14-08-2013
Mad Member

Now I have to wait 20 days until I can escalate and hobbyking wont refund me. Surely this isnt on?
Old 14-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Harrison View Post
Now I have to wait 20 days until I can escalate and hobbyking wont refund me. Surely this isnt on?
Sorry to here you're having similar problems Danny. As I've said, they're handling of poor service to me has put me off them. Cheap or not, they are no longer reliable in my eyes...
Old 14-08-2013
Mad Member

Ye, they are basically gonna hold onto my money for 3 weeks knowing that they will refund me after. They know its a mistake there end, but apparently cant refund through paypal. Are they lying to me?
Old 14-08-2013

I have the same, PayPal is my only hope of a refund.
HK are no longer responding to me....
Old 14-08-2013

I can't decide if their sites been hacked, hence missing orders, or if they're basically crooked!
Old 14-08-2013

Hopefully other potential customers can make up their own minds if HK are now worth the hassle.....

Last edited by sticky; 14-08-2013 at 09:24 PM. Reason: double post
Old 14-08-2013

Default Dodgey Kink

I had major problems with them......they (HK uk) are reg. in Australia, they suspect for tax reasons, and come under there trading standard laws, also Hk.com is reg. in honk kong and good luck getting anywhere with there trading standard, I was told I had very little rights and what rights I had were SLIM-to-NONE. The customer services are a company who are hired out to other company's to be there customer services. They repeatedly closed my issues. I ordered and then cancelled the next day. easy refund you would think.....I waited for 2 months with promises I was getting my money back, I was even told I had been given it already...I was lucky I used my credit card as I had to get them involved and visa have refunded me, otherwise I would still be w8in.....
DONT USE THEM
Old 14-08-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sticky View Post
Hopefully other potential customers can make up their own minds if HK are now worth the hassle.....
when i did the payment on paypal the following hk screen was some error page to be fair. They should still refund me though, as opposed to letting paypal do the leg work for them. They have acknowledged they have my money, but they 'cant' refund it without an order number apparently. Certainly wont order again, thank god it wasnt a big order, imagine spending a grand on quadcopter parts and this happening
Old 14-08-2013
Awesome Admin

Send a message via AIM to Col

Danny - I honestly can't understand why they can't simply send you the cells! Or are you just after the refund now?
Old 14-08-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col View Post
Danny - I honestly can't understand why they can't simply send you the cells! Or are you just after the refund now?
Me either I asked for them to just create the order and link my payment to it. Thats apparently too difficult and I 'have' to get a refund through paypal and order them again

My advice is either dont order from them or make sure to create a hobbyking account as this might of made it easier to resolve. Either way the service is still shocking, its not like I can be defrauding them when the transaction shows exactly what I paid for and my delivery address.