Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Durango

Old 24-01-2015

Default DEX 210 Gearbox Noise Under Braking

Hey guys, had my first race in 15 years last night with a dex210 rtr, great fun and feels like the bug has bitten again! The chassis is much better than I am without doubt, I've ordered a stick radio as the wheel one just isn't for me and I broke a hanger which a replacement is now on its way but can't wait to race it again.

I did notice a noise coming from the gearbox under hard braking which sounds terrible, I'd relate it to a ball diff slipping but I'm on a geared diff.

Under acceleration with a 7.5 no bad noises whatsoever, will be stripping the car tomorrow which should answer the q but any heads up on what this could be would be much appreciated
Old 26-01-2015

Look at the little bearing in the gearbox. although i wouldnt think it would make that loud a noise and make sure the gearbox isnt over tightened
Old 26-01-2015

Provided everything is good mechanically, if you are experiencing a sound like in this video, it's just the sound of the motor under heavy braking.

Team Durango Australia
www.team-durango.com

Proline Australia

A list of option parts and other information for Durango vehicles. www.durangofansite.com

Last edited by ekt; 26-01-2015 at 09:08 AM.
Old 26-01-2015

Thanks both, I stripped the gearbox yesterday and no binding or wearing of the gears so very odd....after reading of the bearing problem I ordered one of the harder versions to be on the safe side and have just 'nipped' the screws tight on the gearbox.

Noise does have some similarity to the vid, will be racing again next week so will have to see how it goes now that I'm confident the gearbox is ok, thanks again
Old 28-01-2015

Your right about the gearbox bolts. Just a slight tweek, not tight or the box will bind. I had to use a tiny bit thread lock on the long motor plate bolts (they all fell out of my sons rtr in one race!)

Also when you rebuild the diff, use the orange shock seals and some black grease instead of the black x ring seal, our rtr was leaking oil from fresh out of the box!

The standard RTR chassis is very weak around the front four bolt holes. After 2 chassis broke I've adapted a Schumacher KR front brace (wishbone pins in the perfect place!), now its indestructible.

If you haven't got one yet, get the alloy or carbon steering rack plate.

That's all we've had to do after a year of racing with a 5yr old at the wheel!