Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 22-01-2016

Default So long, and thanks for all the fish

After spending g a couple of months on the verge of jumping into the hobby, I've ultimately decided it's not for me.

I've had lots of help and support on this forum both in open posts and in private message, so I didn't want to simply vanish, and just wanted to say a big thanks to everyone who has offered advice and assistance. It's a really good, and very welcoming forum.

My decision is based solely on the time factor. The length of individual meetings means I would not be able to attend more than two or three a year, and that doesn't seem very cost effective. Nor would it realistically give me any time to actually get any good at driving.

So, again, thanks to everyone on the forums. You never know, I may be back someday
Old 23-01-2016

I ,said nearly 30 years ago time was up .put it all in the loft and here am i now waiting for my next race , all the old bits sat on shelfs (soon to be restored thats whot l tell the banker )the bug never leaves you . YOU WILL BE BACK ........
Old 24-01-2016

i stopped racing 27 years ago back into it with the kids to now for over a year and own more cars than i did back then, cant see me leaving the sport in a hurry, didnt really want to stop when i did, but place i raced burnt down and lost contact on where to race(or parents didnt tell me LOL) no facebook back then, once you got the bug its with you for life