Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Tamiya

Old 22-01-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattJT View Post
Gonna need to invest in some tyres soon me thinks, would these slicks be for the front only? and s's on the rear?

Took the mini down for practice at maritime today, had a good go round, not tooo bad driving considering, just needed to dodge the tourers, and those pan cars flyyyyyyyyyy......

Could anyone recommend a good place to buy mini tyres from, tried to find m and s grips, only found 1 seller through google
The Tamiya tyres are quite hard to get hold of in the UK, and even if you can find them they are VERY expensive at UK retail prices.

The Sweep tyres mentioned above should be a lot easier to get hold of - they are supplied by Much More Racing UK so any one of their dealers shuld be able to get them or might already have them in stock - PM me if you need any help finding some.

I ran the Sweep 25's all round at the last round of the Chippenham CWIC series and managed to TQ (we won't mention the finals ) so they are a pretty solid tyre. Superglue on the front sidewalls helps on carpet.
Old 22-01-2011

many thanks for the info sosidge

will have a proper look for the sweeps.
Old 22-01-2011

Found them at Apex, not bad full set for under 20 quid - in this instance, what does the prebuilt refer to do you think? don't appear to be any wheels in shot as well

Sweeps at Apex
Old 22-01-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattJT View Post
Found them at Apex, not bad full set for under 20 quid - in this instance, what does the prebuilt refer to do you think? don't appear to be any wheels in shot as well

Sweeps at Apex
Pre-builts come glued on the 5-spoke white wheels with pink inserts... usually. Occasionally the batches come through unglued, but with the same tyre/insert/wheel combo in the bag.

Just bear in mind that Apex are one of the shops that list everything available to them rather than everything that they have in stock... If you are struggling to find stock come Monday drop me a PM and I may be able to help you out.
Old 23-01-2011

Try pit-bitz.co.uk (in Eastbourne) and he has in stock what he says he has stock!
Old 23-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian_r View Post
Try pit-bitz.co.uk (in Eastbourne) and he has in stock what he says he has stock!

done and dusted got a painted shell off them to boot
Old 01-02-2011

Default M05 roll bars

Hi all

Had two sets of roll bars come with my second hand M05 and was thinking about fitting them to see if they make any impact on my otherwise awful driving

However have no idea how to fit them and can't find anything on google or in manual as to how and where they go

Could anyone point me towards a link etc that may help?
Old 09-02-2011

Well guys, the sweeps did the trick as did having ally shocks, the right springs and some choice lead placement, so was well happy with last nights race.

Had last place in the b final to beat, and managed 6th out of 10 in the B, with 9 finishing - knocked 4.5 seconds off my best lap time and overall average lap was 3 seconds faster

Mind you the three racing shock ends are pants, got tapped up the backside - one broke and when I looked at the other one funny that one broke too

anyhow, cheers for the tips all, goes to show that set up makes a huuuuge difference.

matt
Old 09-02-2011

Hi Matt,
Good to hear you got your car hooked up and what a huge improvement to your lap times mate,looks like i'll battling for last place with myself when i finally get to race..
Work has been full on but fingers crossed i'll make it to Maritime or Sidcup by the end of the month..

Mank
Old 09-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mank View Post
looks like i'll battling for last place with myself when i finally get to race..

Hi Mank

Well, maybe not, my mates coming down for the next meet on the 22nd, closest his come to driving let alone racing was a 5 minute practice run before the last race day.....he got taken out by a touring car, that broke a part, that no-one seemed to have - so he couldn't race....so.....you will have a fight on your hands....not forgetting that i'm still in the very bottom half, so i'll be there too

I'm toying with the idea of sidcup still, but as now started down maritime, want to really get the hang of one track before venturing down to another.

If you do do maritime, can send you the info and set up advice that I got from here and there that when put together was just right

Hopefully see you there next time round if work permits.

Matt
Old 11-02-2011

Nice one Matt,any tips to get my car set up for Maritime would be spot on mate..
Only problem is I won't be able to blame my car set up as the reason I came last..

Mank
Old 11-02-2011

Hello fellas
I just got a pair of 60D Type B Slicks so should I go with soft or hard inserts for running on carpet..?

Mank
Old 03-03-2011

Default Sweep 25deg on ebay

Just to let you all know, I bought these sweep 25degs from dinball on ebay (hk seller)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Sweep-SW4-MN25...item1e605cff42

Thought that even for tyres that the price was good, however item came today - only took a week and a half to get to me. Anyway, was extremely surprised to find a complete set, wheels, sweep inserts and tyres in the package.

So that's a complete set of sweeps for less than 11 quid

Checked advert and does state tyres only? Bargain tho
Old 09-03-2011

Default Sweeps (25's) vs Tamiya Slicks (not super slicks)

Just wondering if any of you have run both these sets and if there's much difference on carpet?

Can get a full set of Tamiya slicks (new uk) off the bay for £10.

Cheers
matt